London Chapter

Hi all, I’m doing a talk in London on the 13th June on neuroscience of digital distractions based on new book Homo Distractus. It usually sells out, so if this sounds interesting, take a look! https://uk.funzing.com/funz/funzing-talks-neuroscience-of-digital-distraction-17272

Hello all, I’m from London UK, and I’d look to meet up. Do we have regular meet-ups already happening? If not, I’m happy to help set it up.

Dear All
@pheress @CEIW (I am not allowed to mention more than 2 users in a post - apologies)
Looks like Humanetech London is yet to kick off, but it’s summer now, so how about at end of August I:
Send link to a doodle for meetup (or set up Meetup gp) for time and date - for which I need emails… mine should show up on profile but if not it’s J.manning.17atucl.ac.uk
Pursue location offer - if not central I am sure we can find space at UCL
How does that sound?!
Julia

Dear All
@metasj @davidc
(I am not allowed to mention more than 2 users in a post - apologies)
Looks like Humanetech London is yet to kick off, but it’s summer now, so how about at end of August I:
Send link to a doodle for meetup (or set up Meetup gp) for time and date - for which I need emails… mine should show up on profile but if not it’s J.manning.17atucl.ac.uk
How does that sound?!
Julia

Dear All
@Jon @anded
(I am not allowed to mention more than 2 users in a post - apologies)
How does that sound?!
Julia

Hi all, just heads up am doing a talk in London on Neuroscience of digital distractions on the 14th August. Is in Shoreditch. Come over if around - and perhaps it could be a good start for a meet up now! @JuliaM @jfhector

I’m interested in a London meetup! In and out of the UK these days but will definitely participate if I’m around.

I’m interested in a London meet up! :slight_smile:

So, is this London meet up still happening? I would be interested as well.

Hi all! Just a general message, not London chapter-specific: Note that as part of the community’s future plans we will also have services and proper homes for each chapter and organize fun and creative collaborative events. Therefore I’ll post some pointers to more info on this:

NYC Chapter / Meetings

Hi there,

super interested in participating on this!

That is great, @Soraiasalvador! Are you interested in organizing a chapter too?

We just started a campaign to organize and streamline our Meetup activities, and yesterday I created an Event Organizers group. You could be the first member in that team. Read more about the campaign here: Eventful Campaign: Foster a vibrant meetup culture, organize exciting events

Hi all. Doesn’t seem like a meetup has been arranged yet on this. I’m happy to set one up. Would love to meet many of you.

I don’t understand this idea of a ‘chapter’. Is it just an meetup group affiliated with CHT?

How does Tuesday 4th December work for people as the first date?

Hi Fraser,

It works for me. I am really up for meeting all the CHT London community soon!

Awesome! I’m going to setup a Meetup group this weekend.To see who turns up.

Let’s keep the first one pretty informal. Then see how we want to structure it for the subsequent ones :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, I’ve just set up the first Human Tech London event. Hoping to keep this one fairly informal but get to know people and do some planning for the next events in 2019.

Can’t wait to meet you all.

Wonderful, @fraser! I have updated the overview of meetup chapters to reflect this.

Hi everyone! The next Humane Tech London Meetup is posted online.

Would love to see as many of you there as possible. Merry Xmas all!

Great @fraser! Very nice to see London Humane Tech take flight. Everyone: Share the announcement on your social media channels, and boost these ones: HTC Announcement on Twitter and HTC Announcement on Mastodon

This is great! I’ve just found the community and this thread today. Have signed up to attend the Jan meet up. Look forward to the conversation and sharing ideas.
Merry Christmas all.