Ask of help for training and fund

My team is researching on social media addiction in Nepal. As well as we also research on cyber crime. We present data, information, safety tips, and lot more in our awareness programs in schools and colleges in Nepal.
We are new and only one working in this field in our country. What we have found till date is youth and children are very much addicted to social media and they are very prone to cyber crime. We lack fund because nobody have ever entered to this field in our country and our personal pocket money is not enough to run organization. it is very difficult to run but we are still running. We need some training and lots of information and data. If any body can help with any thing they can that would be boon to our youth and kids. Lots of youth are in depression due to abuse in social media. Lots of youth and kids are in cyber crime cases here and the number are growing. Help us to make our kids and youth safe. If any body is interested please message me. Thank you.

1 Like

I can relate with this issue because I am asian who lives here in Asia. Awareness and education are really lacking in many parts of Asia about the harms of tech. That is why I’m very vocal about the greed and unethical practices and designs of U.S. based tech companies but with global reach. Whether we like it or not tech is now part of people’s lives worldwide. Many leaders worldwide last time in Davos are calling for global regulation of U.S. based tech companies. Many people especially the youth and children are affected we need immediate action and solution. I think CHT should give priority post like this. I think CHT has significant information and knowhow to share to Biswa organization especially on dealing with the issue like social media addiction and other related issues. These are real people needing help, the youth and children of Nepal. Regarding fund well maybe somebody can refer them to the appropriate organization. What is the value of an organization if it cannot help real people and real lives. In hindsight i think this post was more than a year ago I am saddened no one reply.

3 Likes

Global consequences, Global discontent on Silicon Valley. Local solution. 1.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/opinion/sri-lanka-facebook-bombings.html 2.https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/04/22/sri-lankas-social-media-shutdown-illustrates-global-discontent-with-silicon-valley/?utm_term=.cdabcd1bd478

1 Like

@richard1, I did reply; don’t worry.

Biswa got a lot of advice from me and another member of the forum: a person in Peru who is similarly concerned about tech addiction’s effects on society.

2 Likes

@patm thank you to you and another community member.

2 Likes

@patm hello patricia , i have tried to contact with that member from peru. but no response has yet arrived.
my organization is in economic drought we are trying to conduct more and more programs so that youth remain safe from being depressed mentally.
i hope you will try to connect more people who are willing to help those in need.
Thanks.

@richard1 hello richard ,
first of all i am very thankful that you have realized problem in our region and responded so great in my post.
your words bear some energy for us to work. i am in very critical situation of work. i am conducting programs in in different parts of country with my pocket money and loan from friends. i am still conducting because i have realized that people’s lives can be saved from being depressed . in some cases we can even stop suicide due to social media problems in youths. we do so by conducting different programs and make people realize what is their relationships with cellphones and social medias. we use research paper and case stories to make them realize. any way its a lot of words now.
thanks again for your appreciation.

1 Like

Hi @biswa I wish you all the success you and on your organization work. Yes awareness and education and programs on how to deal with the harms of tech are lacking in many parts of asia and many of our people especially our youth don’t even know about that but there are also positive side of tech but I am glad that your organization is focus on solution of those harms. It is great and amazing that there is an organization in Nepal tackling this challenges. You and your organization work will be an inspiration to many parts of Asia. Having an organization like you have will be good for our region. Hope HTC could give you assistance on to add to your arsenal of solutions on dealing with the harms of tech. @patm surely gave you some valuables advice and that user from Peru too. Wish you all the best.

1 Like