Funding for chapters

Hello all,

Hope everyone is safe right now. I represent the Nepal chapter of CHT. We have a webpage now at https://sites.google.com/view/cht-nepal/home

Big-tech products are causing irreparable harm to the people of Nepal. There’s a lot we can do as a chapter here and bring change to the nation’s people, specially youth!

Even a small funding can make a change. But, I’m wondering how to raise this money. Is there any information or support from the global organization regarding funding?

Tech affects several dimensions of our lives and that’s why I believe the community needs to grow and conduct programs at the national levels.

Please let me know your thoughts/ideas.

Best,
Kathmandu

2 Likes

hello @kathmandu . its glad to meet somebody from same place. i am leading a non profit in nepal based on kathmandu.
if you are running some programs or projects related to all humane technology please let us know.
i can be of some help for u.

I’m really happy to know about your organization and the work it is doing. That’s a good initiative taken by your team. Congratulations and thank you. Will contact you via your website soon! Stay safe!

Hi @kathmandu,

Very nice to see your chapter. It is a good-looking site, and I am happy you are spreading humanetech in your region.

Regarding your request I am afraid there is little that Humane Tech Community can do. We are completely independent from CHT and our community is just an all-volunteer online group of people without any funds of its own anywhere.

The best approach you can take is to go to the humanetech.com website and fill in the contact form that is there. I don’t know where CHT stands organization-wise - they were truly overwhelmed by these kinds of requests, and probably still are - but you can sure give it your best try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @aschrijver Thanks for your reply. I was not aware of the community’s involvement. Thank you. Being overwhelmed is a good sign, for sure. Tech needs a new direction and we must take the lead :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, for sure. PS. You can read more about the community positioning here: Be a Builder ❤ Help Improve Wellbeing, Freedom and Society ! (or here, if you want to have your comment be visible on our community website that is also different than CHT’s one: blog post comment thread on community positioning).

1 Like

Oh perfect! Thank you.