Siempo AMA: we launched a smartphone interface inspired by CHT design standards

Hey CHT community! We are a new tech company that is trying to do everything right from the start and across all facets of our organization, from product and business model to stakeholders and org culture. We spent a lot of time thinking about this and trying different things, so would love to offer our support to others who are building the next generation of humane tech companies.

Siempo has long been inspired by Time Well Spent. When we started working on the problem three years ago, it was extremely helpful to hear how they framed the problem and articulated ways in which products could be designed in more humane ways e.g. minimizing leaky interactions. We are finally live in the Play Store (!) and welcome your feedback on how we have approached this new type of intervention, that we believe truly attacks the root cause of the problem (smartphone interface design) and meets people where they are at. www.getsiempo.com

3 Likes

A breath of fresh air- “only interruptions when you want them”. This supports our core- our center so we can all connect again. Thank you.

1 Like

This looks beautiful! I am curious to see more, and I can’t wait to try this when it comes to iPhone.

2 Likes

Looks amazing. Will try this out - thanks

1 Like

This is brilliant. Thanks so much for this Andrew - will try it out.

1 Like

Always glad to see other teams actively building humanely! I just signed up to be notified when it’s ready for iOS.

2 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately that may not be for some time. I just published a blog post on why the Android is the land of opportunity in the near term for users and developers who want to solve this problem.

1 Like

Your blog post is fantastic! You described a complicated issue in a clear and concise manner – I learned a lot from it and I highly recommend that others read it as well.

2 Likes

Can you post how to sign up for this?

If you are an Android user you can download our public beta in the Play Store. If you are an iOS user you can sign up on our website to follow our journey and be notified when we launch on desktop and iOS (timeline TBD).

2 Likes

It looks good, nice simple and clean interface. I guess some people might want to bunch apps under a heading (like messaging) at some point - or - write a message and then select what app to distribute/send with/

1 Like

Thanks Jon! Both of those features are on our roadmap :slight_smile:

1 Like