Request for Examples of new and controversial tech

Hi,

I’m teaching a class this semester about the rhetoric of technology for undergraduate students. Each week I give them a real world application quiz where I introduce them to a new technology and they have to apply the class lessons from the week by addressing a real world situation about a new technology (Ex. Write an email to your parents explaining whether you think it’s a good idea to buy this digital companion for grandma.)

Since the goal of the assignment is to apply their knowledge to a new domain, it’s always helpful to use stuff they might not have heard of yet. I’d really appreciate it if you could share an explainer video or website for anything new you might be working on or something you’ve recently come across that blew your mind.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Ryan!

Have you heard of the Light Phone? https://www.thelightphone.com/
It’s a phone that will never have the Internet or email, to eliminate distractions and refocus on what’s important in life.

I’ve been working with the founders, creating some ads and other materials to help them expand. Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Dan

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Dan. That’s pretty cool. I enjoy learning about these intentional technology designs. Good luck with the project!