New podcast on the importance of human relationships in the digital age

Hello Humane Tech Community!

I am excited to announce the release of a new podcast titled, SHIPS: The Vessels for a Meaningful Life.

Many moons ago, I held a poll in The Low Tech Trek to see in which ways I can serve the public better in spreading awareness around digital wellness and building relationships in the tech age. SHIPS will be about the most important vessels in our lives: genuine human relationships.

I will be interviewing inspiring guests in the digital wellness, entertainment, and business fields who will talk about their experiences in relating and communicating today, as well as about their amazing careers in their respective industries. There will also be solo episodes with yours truly talking about my thoughts on various topics related to being human.

The SHIPS podcast is up and running! You can download and subscribe to it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and many more platforms.
Hope you enjoy!

All the best,
Pat

11 Likes

That’s great Pat. Looking forward to hearing it. I too started a podcast this spring called Wabi Sabi, an interview series highlighting topics like tech, wellbeing, media, and more through the lens of impermanence all while imbibing tea in the traditional Gong fu style. www.wabisabipodcast.xyz

1 Like

This is great! I will have to check this out…many thanks for sharing!

Same vein as Team Human?

Thanks, will have a listen!

1 Like

I can’t wait for it, Pat, Thanks!
And by the way I finally started the book you sent me- its great!

2 Likes

Hi Wolftune,

It certainly covers similar elements, but from a different perspective. SHIPS is specifically focused on socialization and the importance of face-to-face interaction in today’s technical climate. We have some great episodes coming up! But the ones that have been released thus far have been with some of the top digital wellness experts as well as creatives in the theater industry. Enjoy and feel free to reach out if you have any questions! https://anchor.fm/ships

All the best,
Pat

Thanks, Lizzie! I hope you enjoy it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. https://anchor.fm/ships

All the best,
Pat

Hi Pat,

I have listened to three episodes of SHIPS, and I want to say thank you for bringing such great content! The guests you chatted with come from a diverse background, and I have gained a lot of insights from your conversation with them. For people who are interested in/have studied/worked on technology and value human interactions at the same time, this podcast is definitely a good source of thought-provoking ideas. I particularly like the question you ask at the end of the episodes about what constitutes a meaningful human relationship. It makes me think about humanities more every time when I use technology or have a chat with my friends face-to-face.
Looking forward to more valuable discussion! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Saiyu,

I’m very happy to hear that you are enjoying SHIPS! Please feel free to spread it around and tell your friends who you think may be interested. This way I can strive to make it even better :slight_smile:
All the best,
Pat