Creating Digital Wellness Course: would love opinions!

Hello CHT Community,

I am in the process of developing a course centered around digital wellness to solve one of the many problems that our society is facing as it pertains to how we are using technology. I value the opinions of the people in this community, as we are all striving for a common goal through our own unique ways and perspectives.

I would love to hear your opinions on the type of course you are looking for. I currently have some prototypes in the following areas, based on past writings I have done on The Low Tech Trek:

1. How To Engage with your Teen in the Digital Age

2. How to Develop Meaningful, Familial Relationships in the Digital Age

3. How To Curb Your Smartphone Addiction

4. Minimize Screen Time for Increased Productivity

5. How To Stop Living Through Social Media

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Please let me know if you have any suggestions in areas you think necessary.

All the best,
Pat

2 Likes

Hi @PatMc, those topics all sound really interesting and relevant, good luck!

1 Like

Thanks! There are so many directions to go with this topic so I want to make sure I am fulfilling the needs of those interested in a digital wellness course.

Hey! Going to post it today, but next meetup is going to be a workshop (held by Giancarlo) about how to engaged in a balanced way with our technology. Definitely come; we’ll have some time for everyone to chat and you can get some feedback about your course :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great, @margothanley! Thanks for letting me know…hope I can make it!

1 Like

Pat,

This is great. My questions are who is your audience? Where do you hope to teach these courses? Do you see them as a series or as stand alones?

For the first category around engaging with your teens, I think the best place to go is to Delaney Ruston’s Screenagers page. She has a weekly newsletter, Tech Talk Tuesday where she helps parents talk to their teens about technology. It’s excellent!

How to Curb Your Smartphone Addiction is right in line with Catherine Price’s Book, How to Break up with Your Phone.

I could see integrating different companies apps for the productivity course including fellow members with Flipd and Freedom.

Pete Dunlap, also in this group, just published Digital Detangler: A Guide to Mindful Technology Use that corresponds to an 8 session course on digital wellness.

Happy to chat more!
Susan

3 Likes

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for your insight! Would love to chat more. Do you have time to talk in the near future? Hope to connect again!

All the best,
Pat

Hi@PatMc

Interesting proposal
I saw the Low Tech Trek
I have some ideas about 3, 4 and 5

1 Like

HI Alfredo,

This sounds great! Hopefully we can figure out a time to chat soon! I saw your email. Looking forward to chatting.

All the best,
Pat