Is there a standing Chicago meetup?

2 Likes

Iā€™m here and want to meetup!!

1 Like

I will be interested in the meetups

Here an interested. Letā€™s organize!

1 Like

Hello!
Hyde Park based grad student here. Started FirstWeekFlipPhone.com, a 7-day smartphone detox challenge. Will be inviting Chicago folks to join me on the challenge for the first week of October: please do reach out if any interest: laurence@firstweekflipphone.com.
Iā€™d love to see a Humane Tech Meetup on an approx. once-every-2-months basis in Windy. Due to my own project, I donā€™t have bandwidth to lead this, but I could be an energetic advisor & supporter with experience organising events in this space, to any young person/people who would want to take on this leadership. Again, please reply to this, or reach out directly if potentially interested in discussing further.
Laurence
laurencewarner.com

2 Likes

Very down for this. Similar to @lpwarner, I donā€™t have the capacity to lead the charge, but would love to help make it happen!

1 Like

Any other interest folks?
Iā€™m leaving town next month, but would love to help you try spark something.
w4rner

yā€™all are welcome to come hang out at one of our phone-free events later this month :slight_smile:

maybe we can gameplan better in person? bonus points if you add yourself to the list and try your hand at some poetry, singing, storytelling, etc!

1 Like