UK (London) Based Teachers

Hi,

I am a teacher based just outside of London and having recently listened to Tristan Harris on both Sam Harris and Ezra Klein’s podcasts, I was profoundly impacted by the discussion around technological addiction and the way in which it hijacks our attention. I certainly see the positive impact that technology can have in the classroom, however, there is no doubt that the kids I teach are incredibly oblivious to the dangers it presents.

I was wondering if there are any UK based educators (or anyone for that matter) that would be interested in meeting and perhaps discussing ways in which these important messages can be shared in schools. This would be on a very informal level (as this is new to me), but I can’t help but feel that the spreading of this message is somewhat urgent.

Look forward to hearing from like-minded people.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a digital citizenship teacher for the current year 2017/2018. I live in Ostia (Rome, Italy). I’m a software engineer, and worked in the web area for several years. I’ve been very impressed me too by Tristan Harris TED talk, among others, and I made some lessons about it. I’ve uploaded today one of these presentations (translated in english), if you are interested. Unfortunately I don’t live nearby so I can’t physically come to any meeting there…

1 Like

Thank Michele. I appreicate you sharing your slides. I will have a look through and perhaps we will be in touch more in the future.

1 Like

Hi,

I am not a formal educator but I care about this topic and I think smartphone addiction shall be discussed in classrooms.

I have right now a design project on smartphone addiction amongst kids I hope to develop in London, you can find a presentation here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PRXRLj9urelX58g1jyySH_PBdwScK9nJ/view

Would be happy to have a conversation with you.