San Francisco Chapter / Meetings

We just hosted our first humane tech projects workshop in San Francisco. I wrote a recap of the event on the Humane Tech SF blog.

We’d love to have more of these events in the future – if you have ideas for our next meeting or want to participate in it please send a PM or email me at will@humanetechsf.com.

2 Likes

Several members of the CHT SF Chapter are co-hosting a panel on Thursday (November 15th) in San Francisco. The event is called Reclaiming Our Minds | Social Media & The Attention Economy – it will feature 4 panelists involved in humane technology (including @andrewmurraydunn ).

The discussion will begin at 8pm and end with a Q&A at 9:30pm. Food and drinks will be provided during a networking hour from 7pm to 8pm.

If you are interested in attending, please check out our Facebook event page and buy tickets on Eventbrite. I’m also happy to answer questions about the discussion here. :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry to miss this- I have a family with commute schedule etc… to care for. I hope to contribute be recruiting a speaker from the healthcare community someday.

If somebody is going to stay in San Francisco Bay Area from December 21 th to January 4th I will be very happy to share experiencies face to face
If it is possible, please let me know it
The best for everyone

For anyone interested, Ars Technica is hosting a discussion Wed, January 9 with Ashkan Soltani next week titled ‘It’s 2019. Do you know where your personal data is right now’.

I’ll be there. Would be great to meet members of this community in person if anyone is attending.

Full details here:

It’s 2019. Do you know where your personal data is right now?

2 Likes

@mark this is a very important event- thanks for posting. I’ll post as a separate topic to broadcast and reach more people.

Edit: See Data Privacy event San Francisco Bay Area 1/10 - Ashkan Soltani

1 Like

Thanks! See you there?

@mark I’d love to… we’re a silicon commuting family from Marin with kiddo responsibilities so I can’t. I hear this group posts talks 2 weeks afterwards though.

I’ll try to remember to post it here if they send it round to attendees.

2 Likes

@mark I looked at the host’s website (which by the way they are an example of news that is wonderfully real and humane tech friendly) and they said they always post the a webcast link 2 week’s later on their website so between the 2 of us we’ll get it out to our community. Thanks again for posting- one of these seasons I’ll make it to an event!!

1 Like

@ferj @youfoundron and I are hosting another Humane Tech meeting in Portola Valley. It is taking place on Saturday, April 27th from 3 to 5pm. Food and drinks will be provided as we discuss the future of humane tech and the CHT SF chapter. We will also be announcing new group events at the meetup.

This is a free, casual event at a large private residence. In order to protect the homeowner’s privacy we are not posting the exact address publicly – if you want to attend please email me at will@humanetechsf.com and I will send you the address. You can also ask me questions via email or check out the Facebook event we created for the meeting. We hope to see you there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great, @willmattei, @ferj and @youfoundron! I just shared on my LinkedIn, the HTC LinkedIn Group, and our Mastodon account. Everyone: please give this more visibility by sharing, liking, commenting. Thank you :pray:

Hello everyone.
Any new meetups planned for the near future? Any help needed organizing such an event?

1 Like