There will be a workshop for people who are creating humane technology projects on Saturday, August 25th from 1pm to 4pm. It’ll take place at App Academy on the 3rd floor of 825 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111. Here’s how the event will work:
- Participants can sign up as project creators (people working on humane tech projects) or reviewers (everyone else)
- We can host up to 5 projects
- The first half hour of the event (1pm-1:30pm) will be for socializing/networking
- At 1:30pm, we’ll sort the reviewers into 5 equally-sized review groups
- Each review group will be assigned to a different project
- Groups will give feedback to the creators for 30 minutes before rotating onto new projects
- We’ll repeat the process 5 times until 4pm
We can adjust the group sizes and review time per project if less than 5 projects sign up. This system ensures that all of the reviewers get a chance to see every project.
Project creators will get a chance to tell people about their work and receive feedback about their ideas. This also gives creators the opportunity to meet individuals who can help them on their projects.
If you want to sign up as a project creator:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your project by August 22nd
- You aren’t required to provide anything at the workshop, but you can bring materials which showcase your project if you’d like
- Note that “humane tech projects” aren’t limited to tech products: art installations, blogs, films, sociological studies, etc. are all welcome
If you want to sign up as a reviewer:
- Just send your name to email@example.com by August 24th and I’ll add you to the guest list (there is a security guard for the building, so please RVSP to ensure entry)
Feel free to contact me via private message on this forum if you don’t want to use email. Let me know if you want to come or have ideas about how we can improve the event!