Human Flourishing Design Guide: the science of well-being in the service of technology design

Glad to be of help, @ibaldo :slight_smile:

Privacy policies is always a bit tricky and… boring. You could adapt from a similar site with only a mailing list, or find a checklist site. There’s also PP generators, like the one mentioned here How humane privacy policies should be written (and in compliance with GDPR).

Regarding trackers. The web has become an unbelievable shitshow (pardon my French) in terms of data aggregation and privacy violation. You probably heard of the term surveillance capitalism and if you watched The Social Dilemma you know more or less how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Google, whom you should not see as a tech company, but as an advertisement oligopoly, is by far the biggest data aggregator. None of their products are free. Almost everything you do on the internet ends up in a Google datacenter to be processed for unknown purposes (not merely advertising). Among others it is fed their AI systems for future tech that will be hugely disruptive to society. Their practices are just as bad as FB’s and they are guilty of reshaping the web in their image, with the purpose of collecting ever more data. They are just as unethical, though that is not immediately apparent to casual users.

ReCaptcha has many issues. As described above one of them is privacy-related. ReCaptcha is yet another tool to suck up personal data from you. You can read about it for the version you are using in the FastCompany article related to this Hacker News comment thread (note: fastcompany has 15 trackers on their page!). There’s numerous other discussions about ReCaptcha on Hacker News (the Silicon Valley social network, a great resource).

I tooted on the Fediverse to ask people what they use. For both analytics alternatives (if you want the metrics) and DeGoogle advisory sites you should check our Awesome Humane Tech project.

Edit: I just got pointed by @fedifollows to this article (and see also Bye Google reCAPTCHA):

2 Likes