Cooperative, in person, digital games?

I have been listening to the early episodes of the podcast, and I was particularly interested in the Ludic loop and how solitude is a major component.
I was thinking of how few of today’s games and social apps, including Augmented Reality ones like Pokemon Go, actively encourage you to interact face to face with other people. It seems like we could easily add features to existing games and social networks that encourage us to be in close vicinity to other people and cooperate on things that we couldn’t solve or play by yourself. The only app I can think of that encourages this in-person collaboration is TikTok. I’d like to see much more of the “escape room” type of digital game/puzzle, where a group, in person, is needed to solve puzzles.

1 Like

One of my favorite game makers is Jackbox Games. One user owns the game on PC or console, and everyone in the room plays together on their smartphones. Bomb Corp is a fun collaborative game by them.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes takes the same concept to another level, especially for people with VR headsets. There was also an old one I think called SpaceTeam that worked on a similar concept of digital colaboration.