Congressional Policy Change Proposal- Electronic Bill of Rights

I’m a wireless communication industry veteran with smartphone application development experience. You can safely consider me an industry insider coming forward with information that the public needs to know.

Lawmakers need to pass legislation protecting consumers, children and business professionals from data driven technology providers who employ predatory surveillance and data mining business practices.

At the request of Senator Ted Cruz’s office, I was asked to author a framework for a policy change proposal- Electronic Bill of Rights that is designed to address predatory surveillance and data mining business practices that are rooted in Surveillance Capitalism.

I have already submitted copies to numerous Senators and Representatives.

Technology providers such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and other technology providers are exploiting technology users for financial gain at the expense of civil liberties, privacy, cyber security and safety whether the user is an adult, child or business professional.

The Facebook Cambridge Analytica incident shows that technology providers are using our personal and professional information in ways that can bring harm to the product user.

The Facebook Cambridge Analytica story is a wakeup call that should spur action from technology users to contact their telecom providers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) and representatives to demand that they protect consumers, children and business professionals from data driven technology providers who employ predatory surveillance and data mining business practices.

For more information read the article "Surveillance Capitalism- The Need for an Electronic Bill of Rights: http://nebula.wsimg.com/f252bc5bc8dd7e86762697a4eb3cec3b?AccessKeyId=1DB03EC87337BD12896A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Go to My Smart Privacy to learn more about the policy change proposal- Electronic Bill of Rights at: www.MySmartPrivacy.com

You will find my contact info on the site if you would like to reach out to me.

Regards- Rex

Amen thank you!!! You said it right here.

Your welcome. Mission Critical Communications Magazine just published a new article that I wrote called “What Surveillance Capitalism Means For You” which highlights a lot of the privacy and cyber security threats that the FTC, FCC and lawmakers need to address: http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/MissionCriticalArchive/default.aspx

Spread the word-

Have a good day- Rex