Community in Brasil?

Hello!

This is my first topic here and I would like to know if there is any discussion here in Brasil, or if someone else is from here to think about actions here.

I didn’t find any materials in Portuguese either, it would be very interesting to adapt the existing contents to distribute them in the country

Thank you!
Bruna

2 Likes

Hi Bruna,

I only know about @emiliobfreire and me that advocate humane tech values in Brazil, employing different approaches with distinct target audiences in mind.

Maybe someone else will show up in this thread.

Regarding actions, maybe It would be best if we all could meet to share our thoughts and experiences.

What do you think?

Also, you can access my website. It has some material in pt_BR.

www.calmtech.com.br

Best,
Sergio

2 Likes

Hi Bruna and Sergio,

Me too, I only know about me and Sergio. There are definitely other people thinking about tech issues in Brazil but I don’t know any other people who are here at humane tech.

I have a lot to say and to share, I also agree with @swanderl that we could meet up and have a conversation.

All the best,
Emilio

Good night people!

Glad to meet you!
I also think we can meet to talk about these actions and movements here in Brazil.

What do you think we wait until tomorrow or after to see if someone else appears and then we book?

I think I could be writing in Portuguese, but as most of the community wouldn’t understand it, better keep the communication in English here

2 Likes

Hi, I am a mom living in the border of Brazil and Uruguay. I am a journalist, and would love to be a part of this.

1 Like

Hi @brunawing !
I am Brazilian and I do like the idea of educating people in our country about humane tech. Specially for being Brazil one of the countries whose democratic fabric was most damaged by new tech. Let’s talk!

1 Like

It’s good to hear from more people that are also interested in participating!

Awesome! I created a doodle for us with three suggestions. May the polling begin.

If you feel none of the suggestions works for you, just let me know, and I’ll add your suggestion to the polling.

The deadline for voting is next Friday (18), so there’s enough time for people to organize their schedules.

2 Likes

I am also very happy to meet more interested people!

I already voted, but it’s okay for me if it’s on another date too

Thanks for organizing this, @swanderl :raised_hands:

Voted!

No problem, @ibaldo. Looking forward to talk to you at our meeting.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask you to please send me your email in a private message so I can send you the invitation link for the meeting.

Also, for now on I’ll be sending messages in Portuguese. So, if someone is not a Portuguese speaker, please let me know.

Thank you!
Sergio

Hello!

Today we had a meeting for an initial conversation about Humane Tech in Brazil and I created a mind map to feed with references of what already exists about the movement here

This is the link for collaboration

Invitation link: gitmind.com/app/join/824836370
Invitation Code: 1119

1 Like

Thank you, @brunawing, for setting this up!

2 Likes

Thanks @brunawing e @swanderl for the meetup.

I added some websites, researchers names and a podcast to the mind map too. If i think of anything else I will add it over the next two weeks.

Hello!
how are you?

What do you think about scheduling a new conversation?