CHT Artwork & Goodies Contest - General discussion

I have created a concept for my own submission to the contest. It is called:

The Rise of Yang !

3 Likes

I don’t think yin e yang are a good fit here, they are not good or bad in absolute terms, just complementary. One needs the other. Instead here we don’t want the red things at all…

This depends. The symbol has many meanings. I’ve done some reading e.g. on Wikipedia, and Yin-Yang also stands for Negative-Positive. And all the red texts, as well as the green ones, exist side-by-side in our society.
We won’t get rid of the red ones either (that would be utopia, which is great a goal on the horizon, but not something one can expect to reach), so we need to find a healthy balance. Thus Yin and Yang :slight_smile:

Edit: And if this use is a bit controversial and provoking, then that is only a good thing. A reason to start a conversation about it…

The yin and yang symbol is cool. Brings to mind Korea though rather than apps.

1 Like

I like the two red and green lists, but still not sure about the yin-yang. Maybe the green words in a heart shape and the others in a black background, reminding the @nivedita work?

Thanks. But I am sticking with the yin-yang symbol :slight_smile:

But I’ll publish the word list as text, so others may follow up on that idea.
I think a cool symbolism could be to create a cloud shape with the negative terms and a sun that appears from behind it with the positive ones.

1 Like

I am working on the Github contest repository now. I will create a new locked topic for the pinned contest announcement, and keep this topic open as a general discussion thread to the community at large (because it will definitely become TL;DR, too long, to be effective for the contest).

Focussed work by participants and discussion / suggestions / ideas by others should occur in the repository (using the issue tracker). More info follows…

Could we have more than one symbol?

One for T-shirt’s and one for sides of buses?

I know San Francisco Bay Area has done some amazing ad campaigns on sides of buses. I wonder if the founders would think this is worth it to contact those add agencies to donate a slogan…,

Also- somewhere out there someone should add in this is an evolution- of needed revolution. We don’t need answers- we need mass interest and activism. We need to start a revolution.

This problem is too big to dabble.

Yes! We can have as many symbols as we want. I would say: the more the better :slight_smile:

Round mousepads and stickers would be good places for the yin-yang symbol. Zazzle sometimes runs sales on these things. I bought some patches produced in Ireland from Zazzle, and the shipping cost and delivery time were more than reasonable.

1 Like

Aloha Metasj,

I just got this infographic from Greenpeace. Maybe we need graphics like this too?

Pat

1 Like

This would be a great display for a bus…

I saw a great ad display on a bus advertising the harmful nature of e-cigarettes and how its even harmful to vape non nicotine cigarettes. Obviously I can’t cant get point across efficiently! It said it in 2 words literally!! I’ll take a picture next time I see it and post here for ideas.

Sounds good. Let me upload both the versions.

Ok, one moment and I’ll create the subfolders.

Hi @micheleminno! Can I sign you up for the contest using your sketch, or do you just want to help another participant bring this to life?

May I suggest a name for the submission? This name: Attention Payment

(he he, note that I have given you a dark pattern choice above… you can also just leave it at this, of course :wink: )

1 Like

Hi @aschrijver, I will do it by myself, I’m not a designer but I will try (the dark pattern worked :slight_smile:).

1 Like

You mention artwork and slogans, so I assume bumper stickers are OK to design? Would like to try my hand at that.

Oh sure! I changed the name, adding Goodies, because of your good idea to have some mouse mats and the like… Everything that fits in a goodie bag can be part of the contest with some appropriate artwork on it!

1 Like

Hi @micheleminno,

I like your new sketch and the description you accompanied it with! Strong hashtag as well!

Still seems hard to do the graphic design for a non-designer. If you need additional help, please create an issue and a shout to the community. I’ll add your question to the pinned Contest topic then as well…

Good work!

3 Likes