Cellphone Radiation Research

Cellphone radiation levels are not top of mind with most users. The final reports from a 2 decades long study were issued this week (the FDA commissioned the National Toxicology Program (NTP) to conduct research due to lack of knowledge on radiation levels & health in 1999). The NTP _headline in today’s WSJ is: “Cellphone Radiation Linked to Rat Cancer”. Of course, this outcome comes with unclear conclusions. The study was done using levels similar to 2G & 3G phones, and the NTP claims future research on 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi will be quicker (it would help if it doesn’t take 2 decades)!! Here’s a link for more info.:
https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/

By the way, the NTP is not responsible for issuing warnings to consumers…

1 Like

Yes, I found the article on CNET too:

I have also read earlier discussions on Hacker News that with the upcoming 5G things might get much worse, but that proper research has not been conducted. That the 5G introduction is mainly driven by huge commercial interests. 5G has much smaller reach, and needs many more cellphone masts to cover large area sufficiently well.

There is a lot of disinformation around this topic, so the need to be careful, but some internet searches point to worrying reports, underscribed by scientists, like this Scientists warn of potential serious health effects of 5G (PDF) signed by 180 scientists and doctors from 35 countries.

Search for EMF / EHS / EMR; check the German Institute for Building Biology. The Freiburger appeal (appell in German). I checked with a local organisation that claims to do in dependent research into the effects of radiation on the population but admitted that all their funding comes from the 3 local Telecom operators. This is the main issue in the discussion. Who funds the research? And yes, 5G is referred to by many as the end game, although shielding from it inside buildings is fairly easy. Check what the Russians did when the Americans said that radiation was nonsense. It has been used by the military for decades. Beware though; this rabbit hole goes really deep.