LinkedIn vs Gmail
- Email from LinkedIn: “you have a message”
- LinkedIn has incentive to keep me on their platform and force me to click
Twitter vs Instagram
- Posting link to Instagram does not include image preview.
- Instagram has incentive to keep me on their platform and force me to click
- Engagement metrics, emotional spikes, click-baits, polarisation, fake news.
- It creates the incentive that I create controversial content to receive more clicks. The by-product of that is that when I really think something I add a preamble: “authentically, genuinely, not playing a devil’s advocate”
How to protect myself?
I would like to use my personal AI assistant, working title “Reality Filter” that will live a Chrome extension or some scripts on my computer / mobile phone and process the bullshit and feed me the distilled content that is optimised for my health / wealth / happiness / wellbeing rather than shareholders profits, advertising budget, time on the site.
I agree with Linus Torvalds “talk is cheap show me the code” but maybe there are some existing projects in the space?