Threaded conversations are a poor tool for social interaction

Hmm, it’s hard not to read your comment as incendiary. Perhaps it’s intentionally so as a test of the level of discourse and discerning intelligence in this community? Saying that threaded conversations are the number one problem in this world begs for counter argument. I would posit that isolation and fear of retribution for speaking your truth are perhaps more at the root of said problem than the threaded conversations themselves. Fear of rejection and not fitting into the group that seems to know the rules of the conversation in said thread cuts more at the heart of the problem. To use a playground analogy for a second, you’ve got lots of games going on and lots of groups, but if you’re there quiet new observer and you’ve been dropped in without the language and social norms learned by the others, what do you do? Probably watch and feel more and more isolated that you don’t know the ways of the others. Eventually, at some point, someone from the group has to invite the outsider in. Interaction requires only two participants. It starts with “hello, wanna play with us?”.
Anyway, perhaps you just hit a nerve because of my own experience, but even so, for that I thank you. It got me thinking. That’s sometimes enough. In my world, a good thought exercise is indeed time well spent. Thanks again.