This community needs more involvement from its founders!

I just wrote a message to Tristan Harris through his website. I encourage everybody else to do the same. The best way to get a real response on this is to show him how many of us there really are who care about these issues. I used this contact form on his personal website: http://www.tristanharris.com/contact/. If anyone knows of a better way to get in touch with him, or any other CHT staff, please share.

Feel free to borrow any portion of this in your own message to him or any other CHT staff.

Dear Tristan,

Thank you for everything you are doing to bring ethical tech design into the public spotlight.

When I read about the founding of the Center for Humane Technology earlier this year, I was blown away with excitement. I was familiar with your work before, but the creation of the CHT suddenly made it feel so much more official.

Since joining your online community at community.humanetech.com, I have spent 8 hours reading and discussing issues related to humane technology with a community of over 1,300 people from across the world. I even volunteered to become a moderator on the site. I can say without a doubt that it has been time well spent.

I challenge you to spend 15 minutes reading through the “Introduce Yourself” thread on your online community - here’s the link to make it extra easy for you: https://community.humanetech.com/t/introduce-yourself/. At the time of this writing, there are 318 posts from smart, talented, motivated people who were drawn to your movement because they wholeheartedly believe in what you are doing. The excitement in these posts is some of the most genuine positive energy you will find on the internet today. It’s the language of a group of people who feel they have “found their tribe”. If you have not yet read these people’s responses, I promise you it will be a good use of your time.

Tristan, this group of 1,300 and growing is energized and ready to take action. If you give them something to do, they will jump at the chance.

Everybody wants to build a grassroots movement nowadays, but so rarely do they actually emerge spontaneously. You have the foundations of a genuinely global grassroots movement, and it would be a shame if you wasted that potential by neglecting the online community where all that energy is being vented right now.

I hope you will stop by and have a look at all the people who have signed up out of concern for the issues you have spoken about in your TED talks and in the media. You won’t regret it.

Thanks,
Aaron Fuchs

2 Likes