Parallel: an ad-free, user-first social network. ~ Now in development ~

Going back to your survey: it might be fine for casual users, but for people like me, it doesn’t allow expression of the range and depth of social-media experience. Here are the ways in which I use social media:

1. Build a following for the university journal I help manage.
  2. Develop a good reputation–and cultivate goodwill–for my small business.
  3. Indulge my creative side (writing, design, photography). The tools at Mewe.com are excellent for creativity.
  4. Stay in touch with friends far away, one of whom is disabled and a virtual shut-in.

Parallel might look into ways it can also serve the disabled community. That would be a way to grow your business in a socially useful way.

Another thought: why I like the name Parallel. It makes me think of lives that are lived in parallel, that aim toward common goals, e.g., being aware, ethical, responsible. I like the idea of all these lives driving society in good, healthy directions.

Re @benrules2’s comments: I’d also like to try out a desktop version if one becomes available, and I would also be willing to pay. Perhaps a portion of revenues could be devoted to charities, which would encourage people to join.

1 Like