Hi everyone! A while back, I introduced an idea for a social network called Parallel. For those of you who responded to my requests for interviews, thank you for your patience – I’ll be reaching out soon!
Today, I’m pleased to announce that Parallel has launched a new website.
Here is a quick overview of the project:
As we have all seen, there is a growing demand for a viable alternative to our current generation of attention-driven social networks. Parallel started as a collection of thoughts and ideas on creating a “better” social network – a network that puts the user first; that isn’t driven by eyeballs and ad revenue, and that provides the community at large with greater tools for autonomy and time well spent.
The criteria for creating a viable alternative is formidable. But we know what we’re up against, and we believe in creating a platform focused on user autonomy and well-being. Our iOS app is now in development.
A quick look at some Parallel features:
- No ads, no algorithms: you deserve a distraction-free, in-the-order-it-was-posted experience.
- Free, high-quality core experience focused on what matters: connecting with and meeting people, developing relationships, and sharing interests.
- Zero tolerance for bots, harassment, and hate speech.
- Personalize the app through Addons: optional upgrades that give you access to advanced features and styles.
If you are interested in a demo, I would be more than happy to arrange something! We need all the feedback we can get. In the meantime, here are other ways you can help:
- Tell us what you think – your thoughts and feedback are critical to the success of the project. What are we getting right? What are we getting wrong?
- Sign up for early access – we want to start building a community of people who are interested in the idea.
- Take a short survey – help us with our ongoing market validation efforts.
- Support our devs – to help raise money for the project, we are selling some exclusive items like hats, shirts, etc.