New Instagram Admin

Hello all!
This is just a public announcement that i am no longer the administrator of the HTC Instagram Account. I am starting school again and don’t have time anymore, unfortunately. But I was able to get us from 0 to 205 followers while I was in charge of it, publishing content created by our community. Thank you all for your support!

@Saiyu will be taking over because she offered! Thank you for continuing to grow our reach so we can bring more people to the forum!

Peace,
Siddhi

6 Likes

Thanks for your awesome work on the account, @sidnya. May all good things come to you in the new school year.

1 Like

Hey does CHT have an IG account?

Nope. But the founders have their own accounts.

My question would be why does HTC even need an Instagram account. It seems incongruent to me. The more important places would be Twitter and LinkedIn but Instagram? Bizarre. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hi Siddhi. I do not have an Instagram account, but I want to say thank you for the wonderful work you done and with you all the very best in your studies, Carlos

3 Likes

Sure, Instagram is not humane tech, yet it is an effective place to reach millions who are affected by the adverse effects of social media. If someone scrolling their Instagram feed sees a thought-provoking post from CHT, this can increase awareness.

Reading this made me follow even though I’m not active on Instagram :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed. Like liberals who go on Fox News, you have to reach people outside the bubble. I have an IG account, but it’s too nauseating to actually go there.

3 Likes

thanks for your awesome work, we appreciate your work

1 Like

Yes. Thank you @sidnya for all of your hard work! Don’t become a stranger!

I understand where @stayingaliveuk is coming from. I’m a big-time abstainer. But, at this point, even I agree that we need to get this message out, using any/all channels necessary. (As an entrepreneur, it took me 3 years to come to that perspective, by the way.)

Meanwhile, I STILL wish that the Center for Humane Tech would take a more active role in (1) community organizing and (2) leading this conversation about defining and demonstrating what it means to have a healthy use of tech. These are complicated questions. We need leadership and organization.

P.S. In case anybody is interested, Readup is growing a lot recently, and it’s an especially good place to connect with others who are passionate about the humane tech movement. To illustrate this point, check out these stories from the Top 10 article conversations on Readup right now:

1 Like

And good luck to @Saiyu! Many of us are here to help in any way we possibly can!

2 Likes

Are there any plans for an Android version of Read Up?