Introduce Yourself

How does one summarise oneself so that there is even an inkling of relevance in what I write? It is like trying to get another cup out of an used tea bag. Rather than saying who I am, I tell you what I am up to (so much easier).

I’m working on an adventure series for young people to make them a little more savvy in how to deal with a tech enhanced world. Those interested can delve deeper on my Team Savv-i website.

The first book, Team Savv-i: The 10 Secrets of Cyberspace, deal with Digital Citizenship and sets an example how schools can become much more socially active using the Internet and improve the learning for their pupils.

The second book, Team Savv-i: Digital Whispers, explores how news emerges and massaged by the various interests and how to sort fact from fiction or at least be aware of the spectrum (not published yet).

The third book, Team Savv-i: Enhanced, explores the duality that exists in Singularity. To serve or not to serve. How our attempts to meet it halfway may leave our own humanity in tatters (at first draft stage after NaNoWriMo 2018).

I’m further working on ten illustrated adventure novellas, also using the Team Savv-i characters, but addressing a Tween audience and covering their issues as they stumble into the cyberworld.

The reason I’m using adventure narratives is to make the academic info more palatable. One librarian called my edufictional technique ‘mixing the veggies with the ice cream’, with the aim that they are so absorbed in the story that they don’t even realize they are absorbing critical information.

PS Any BETA readers out there to give me a helping hand would be hugely appreciated (casper@savv-i.com).

1 Like