High School Teacher looking to assist my students researching legacy of Mr. Harris and CHT in general

Hello!

Like Arnold, I don’t speak for the CHT. I’m just a person who has worked in and is concerned about tech, and who wants to do something about it.

Yesterday’s introduction of the DETOUR act to the US Senate is something that may be of interest to your students; I doubt that the term “dark patterns” would have gotten the attention it has without Tristan Harris’ / the CHT’s effort.

As Arnold alluded to, the CHT has not made their work super visible; I’ve heard they plan to change that in the coming months.

It also may be interesting to your students to know that the CHT is one of a few organizations that are responding to Tech. Doteveryone is a new organization with a similar mission in the UK, and both the Electronic Frontier Foundation as well as the Mozilla Foundation are more established organizations.

As for your question about Mr. Harris… The only suggestion I have for you and your students is that you may be able to glean some data points from his twitter feed. I’m aware of the irony, but maybe it’s helpful.

2 Likes