Anybody else using a flip phone full time?

Hello everybody -

Two years ago, I gave up my smart phone. It’s been challenging at times, but overall, it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It took a bit of getting used to, but at this point, it’s been so long and I’m an effective CEO even without being constantly connected. I work ~20-30 hours per week and I think that the Silicon Valley obsession with being a constantly-connected workaholic is a complete f***ing nightmare. It’s not healthy, fun, or smart. The negative ramifications are huge. :exploding_head:

We have to do better.

I want to connect with other people who are proactively & intentionally removing harmful technology from their lives. And I mean more than just deleting a few apps and dialing back on the notifications.

Where can I find more flip phone users?
Who are the people and organizations on the bleeding edge of this movement?

I’m so happy to have found this community and I’m looking forward to connecting with many of you.

Happy Friday!

-Bill
https://www.linkedin.com/in/loundy

PS A bit more about me: I’m a co-founder of reallyread.it. We’re building a social media platform powered by reading for an online community of people who really, actually read things on the internet. We’re already creating civil discourse and changing the way that people find and interact with content and each other on the web. We envision a web that looks a lot happier, healthier and slower. We’re currently participating in Matter, an accelerator program that focuses on media companies. We’re also raising a pre-seed round that we hope to close by summer. I was an English major at Stanford ('10) and worked for 5+ years in product and strategy roles at marketplace/community startups, including PM at Couchsurfing and director at Contently. I am always always always down to grab drink(s) and/or coffee with interesting people, especially in small(ish) groups. Let’s hang! :v:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tell your “ditched my smartphone” stories