A 2019 Digital Wellness Collaborative Paper ( along with 17 industry experts)

Along with other 17 industry experts from very diverse background we just released a DW collaborative report. The title “Phones OFF, Conversations ON” brings to life the idea of the need for unplugging and being present to have a real and deep conversation about this topic.

Sorry I tried to embed here but it doesn’t seem to work so here is the link (hosted on Sildeshare)

The format is very easy to digest and brings a personal and human perspective from top leaders and pioneers in the industry. We have carefully selected a diverse and enriching group of people from tech engineers, mindful teachers, entrepreneurs, to therapists, artists, writers and retreat owners, to share some key tips, what they are doing for the greater good and what is their vision of the industry in the next five years. Also, the people featured come from different parts of the world including, USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Italy, Netherlands and Switzerland. Along with their recommendations, this report features eye-popping pieces of research and stats to raise the awareness of a topic that is becoming the third biggest epidemic after sugar and cigarettes in the last fifty years.

Feel free to share and send us a note if you would like to join for next version.

Thank you for keeping us HUMAN.

4 Likes

Hi, thank you for sharing. I will read the slides and get back to you. I have a suggestion : Can you upload the same in archive.org so that it is preserved for future generations? :slight_smile:

We would love too. Shall I just go and do it?

Thanks in advance

Yes! I always suggest to people that we can share our books, slides, video or any content we create via archive.org… instead of using proprietary services.

1 Like

@JuanBagby hi, did you get the chance to post it in archive.org? :slight_smile: (I have this thread in bookmarks so came back to check)

Glad to join up with the community. I’d love to be part of a future project. I’m an academic with longstanding interest in this domain (my dissertation was on emotional/affective responses to technology).

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329442293_Open_Affect-Responsive_Systems_OARS_Toward_Personalized_AI_to_Beat_Back_the_Waves_of_Technostress