What will you be reading in 2020?

I second The Shallows. Highly recommend that one.

1 Like

I have been reading Zucked by Roger McNamee over the last couple years. How’s Surveillance Capitalism?

Surveillance Capitalism is blowing my mind. I have to take a break every 15-20 pages to have an existential crisis haha! I hadn’t heard of Zucked - how are you finding it?

1 Like

Good to know :stuck_out_tongue: Zucked is really good. In the newest version of book, there’s a fair amount of talk of Surveillance Capitalism. Helps to read the first version of the book and then the updated version to get a good idea of how things have gone.

I am also in the midst of reading Surveillance Capitalism and you are 100% right Rebecca, after reading each subsection within it, I have to take a breather.

However, the way that Zuboff seemingly brings all ideas together considering with extractive tech whether it be technological, philosophical, political, economical, psychological… holy shit does she wrap it together extremely well.

For everyone within this thread: I highly recommend Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff!