Question about finances - do you have enough funds? 🤑

Comparison to Open AI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenAI

The organization was founded in San Francisco in late 2015 by Elon Musk, Sam Altman, and others, who collectively pledged US$1 billion. Musk resigned from the board in February 2018 but remained a donor. In 2019, OpenAI LP received a US$1 billion investment from Microsoft.

Number of employees: over 120 (as of 2020)

List of donors and staff of CHT: About Us - Center for Humane Technology

I agree with the sentiment portrayed in The Social Dillema

The increased threat of information warfare and other disruptive technologies

Nuclear war and climate change are major threats to the physical world. But information is an essential aspect of human interaction, and threats to the information ecosphere—especially when coupled with the emergence of new destabilizing technologies in artificial intelligence, space, hypersonics, and biology—portend a dangerous and multifaceted global instability.

Elon, Sam Altman and others were able to agree that AI is a threat

AI is working to maximise engagement, time on the site, advertising efficiency, shareholders profit.

AI is not working to maximise my wellbeing, happiness,

(I’m preaching to the quire)

Maybe there is a potential for collaboration, OpenAI partnering with CHT to align the incentives of media, technology and humanity?

Do you have enough funds?

Peter Diamandis:

If I gave you $1 billion to change the world, what would you do with it?

Mars Robertson:

Generate 1 trillion media impressions and change the consciousness of the planet.
Paradigm shift from a scarcity mentality to an abundance mindset.
Another upside of targetting media :arrow_right: it is possible to get BIG TECH CEOs in a room and literally make change happen overnight :pray: — via Twitter

Do you have representation at :united_nations:UN, Davos, COP26…

…and other major, impactful, international organizations?

Do you have a presence in Washington DC?

Just like these guys: https://www.coincenter.org/

One potential donor I can think of… (besides the usual suspects)

He founded a multi-billion dollar company.

He founded a meditation retreat

He founded a vegan restaurant

He founded a no-distraction phone

https://mudita.com/community/blog/michal-the-founder-of-mudita-tells-his-incredible-story/

Some copy-pasta from the Riot / Matrix / Element chat

If OpenAI can receive billions to change AI, then HTC can receive $100m to work together…
On a personal level I have a dillema how to invest my time / energy effort… Mission of HTC is close to my heart. Same with MAPS and mental health. I saw one pitch deck: “mental health treatment cost to be $16 trillion by 2030” (not sure if globally or US only)

Also not sure if $16 trillion includes the cost of lost productivity.

You know, investment decks, shuffling big numbers, getting investors excited…

What would happen if early investors / shareholders of GAFAM contributed $100m “no string attached” and collaboration with Open AI to integrate better incentives on the operating system level?

I think it is possible.

I think it requires some good storytelling skills.

I think some people see that technology is doing so much harm and donating $100m towards this cause may help with their scruples / remorse / ethics / moral compass :pray:

It is related to that: Aligning incentives of media - personal reality filter? - #9 by marsrobertson

In a nutshell: a piece of software that integrates with my operating system and has incentives aligned to me.

Facebook can do whatever they want. My personal AI agent retrieves all the content available and then carefully selects stuff that actually serves me :innocent: