Poll: Which Humane Tech topics would you like to spend your time on?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Handwriting difficult for preschoolers- creating delays in fine motor

A post was merged into an existing topic: Handwriting difficult for preschoolers- creating delays in fine motor

Dear admins,

Have you decided what to do with the results of this poll?

1 Like

Hi @patm!

The poll and this topic was created by me, as a means to gauge interest of people willing to spend more time to work on solutions and bring the many ideas discussed in this forum further.

I will keep the poll open for a while longer, but I have made the results visible. A whopping 87% of respondents wants to get more involved!

Many thanks to everyone who responded till now, and especially those that added their specific interests to this thread! And Iā€™d encourage others who havenā€™t done this yet, to add a couple of lines as well. It will be a help going forward.

Regarding more concrete action we are coordinating with the core team so the community work aligns with the strategic plans of the CHT. This unfortunately takes some time, so please be patient :slight_smile:

Both @metasj and @Mamie are working on this.

What I think is a good 1st follow-up is if all members scour the forum and their own contributions and compile them in some sections of the TWS wiki, and then we work together to update that wiki to CHT goals.

We will also continue to bring more structure and improvements to this forum, so it is more easily navigable and less intimidating to newcomers.

More to comeā€¦ so bear with us. We have all done much in just 2.5 months and are only just getting under steam :smile:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topic categories that reflect core Humane Tech themes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Some general thoughts

I would like to spend my time on philosophy, Architecture, technology and music.

1 Like

I, as Human Resources man, want to contribute within the wide scope technology and human behavior, focused in healthy synergy.
If you ask me about the new categories proposed, I think may be:
ā€¢ health & wellbeing,
ā€¢ security & privacy

I would like to work on exposing dark patterns in design
I would like to work on promoting the practice of white hat UX
I would like to work on the thoughtful and judicious implementation of algorithms
I would like to work on design that requires technology to adapt to human requirements
I would like to work on design without reliance on screens

1 Like

Thanks for the forum and launching this movement :raised_hands:t3:

I might not be able to dedicate as much time as I would love to but, as iā€™m deeply convinced in the power of local (and as everything gets more humane IRL :wink: )

I would like to work on building the French Chapter here from Paris, building the community around, spreading the word, seeing how we can develop more humane tech efficiently

That being said, I already plan to organize a Meetup here and gather the fellows around
I have some graphic design skills and would also be happy in contributing if needed!

(and on that topic, is there any graphic design material already done, guidelines ? Branding the movement and being consistent may help in the communication :sparkles:! Actually I was even hesitating between TWS or CHT for the Meetup Group name)

Cheers !

1 Like

Thank you, Benjamin. CHT scope, branding and communication strategy improvement is on the agenda. More to follow. (Maybe youā€™d like to join the Design Contest :slight_smile: ). Personally I consider TWS to be a subset of CHT (or a sub-brand, maybe)

1 Like

Iā€™d love to contribute to this!

Wonderful; we now have a staff of 2 :slight_smile:!

Letā€™s hope we get the go-ahead soon.

Great! What would that involve?

The first step would probably be making a list of topics to be covered. Many of these would already be on the forum. We could make a list of ones we like, then choose the best comments or posts on them.

Iā€™ve gone ahead (yes, sorry to do this without permission, admins) a wordpress blog. We can experiment with that to see what a newsletter or magazine might look like.

Sorry, you were probably asking what getting the go-ahead would involve. That would involve notifying the admins of plans and getting their permission to proceed.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and set up a Wordpress blog as a kind of lab where we can experiment with text, layout, images, links, and so forth. I hope the admins donā€™t mind my setting this up, but of course Iā€™m happy to take it down if it causes problems of any kind.

Hi Arnold

Reading again this post encourages me as youā€™ve said to ā€œcreate pathways togetherā€.
But in the other hand I stopped with this contribution , waiting for CHT announces. I also posted in Which Humane Tech topics would you like to spend your time on.
And I was in a confort zone for several days, just only waiting

And its seem clear that communication issues are going to be first Im really stop producing in that spirit ,trying to wait for CHT priorities but you said ā€œcreate pathways togetherā€. And I am very active , and not feeling good having stopped production.

What do you suggest about it ?

While we are still preparing ways to follow up on forum discussion and ideas - and that will still take some time - there is of course the forum, where you can create relevant topics and posts you want to bring up. As Iā€™ve stated before the forum should be considered as a first-stage body of raw information that shows the common interests of the community and will drive/steer the direction of any other work.

1 Like

Iā€™m actively developing both the ethical framework and plans for software services around what I call Dreams Oriented Computing, ā€œDreamsā€ as life-goals and other important goals. Iā€™m honestly interested in all kinds of ethical questions, but especially on thinking processes - what kind of features lead to what kind of behaviour. Often even little user interface changes lead to significant change in median behaviour over time.

1 Like