Poll: Which Humane Tech topics would you like to spend your time on?

I’d like to look at how schools are currently influencing the digital culture of our kids/teens, and how this can be redesigned so that schools are contributing to the positive use of digital technology as a tool, while supporting parents and communities to achieve a positive tech culture. I think the message parents are getting from schools is simply that their kids must have the current level of tech use to compete in the workforce later on. The level of supervision required and family conflict created when children first get their own school device to take home is the point where many parents let it go, and leave kids to unrestricted unsupervised internet use (around 8 years), and parents may feel that any technology use is letting their kids get ahead for future prospects. With 1:1 policies from 5 years old, gamification, class social media platforms, and the majority of the school day on devices in many schools from elementary age, I think there is room for improvement and the need for clear guidelines. Until this happens many parents will just be struggling against the tide to teach responsible tech use to their kids. My background is in health.

8 Likes