Is shareholder model the root problem? Are platform cooperatives one of the key solutions?

I wish this were true about WikiMedia and MediaWiki software, but unfortunately it has many problems and in some ways these problems are worse than the other platforms. While I love collaborative platforms, and I too once believed in the shining light of Wikipedia, I think it will only disappoint many people if we use them as an example.

I for one would love to learn more about this? where are you located?

2 Likes

“I wish this were true about WikiMedia and MediaWiki software, but unfortunately it has many problems and in some ways these problems are worse than the other platforms. While I love collaborative platforms, and I too once believed in the shining light of Wikipedia, I think it will only disappoint many people if we use them as an example.”

I’m sure Wikipedia is far from perfect, but considering the problems that Humanetech, as far as I understand, seeks to tackle (the privacy intrusive individual targeting and behavioral manipulation seeking to maximise our finite attention), Wikipedia is not causing these sort of problems.

Hi sorry I had missed your reply! I’m based in the UK/Finland. Open for a call if you’re interested.