Introduce Yourself

Hi Eli!
Our project coordinator, Gary Krane (also in the discussion group) and I would love to meet you. We love your spirit. I hope you will reach us at Gary (a t ) GetcourageNow (d o t ) o rg, especially if you like the following argument as to what might be the highest, best and now, with Mother nature and democracy nearly in hospice mode, most urgently needed use of technology:

@WScher thank you for trying to activate fine community members for a good cause. However, I have edited your last two points because of the amount of copied and pasted text. This is not the intention of the Introduce Yourself thread, which is already very long. The best way to go about this is by having a separate topic where in the first post you explain what Gary and you are doing, and in follow-up posts you add a link (copy from the ā€˜chainā€™ icon below the post) to member introductions + invitation text. When they are referenced this way the members will be notified if they have email notifications on.

Yes. Our one pager is at bit.ly/gcn-1p. However, I really want to hold back on pitching my solution, and instead find people who would like to join a brainstorm session on how tech could be used to solve what I and other organizers consider to be the mother of all organizing challengesā€“how to recruit and commit, as well as organize much larger numbers of volunteers to do the truly courageous actions that historically have necessary for real socio-eononomic-political systemic change, the actions that fall under the general strategy of nonviolent civil resistance. So I would welcome any advice you can provide as to whom to reach out to and how to reach out to them. In particular, I am seeking senior level programmers, a wordpress developer I could afford (very little savings now available), designers, other behavioral psychologists, social psychologists, experienced CD (civil disobedience) trainers, and of course potential funders or people who know funders. I am on telegram (more user friendly than signal), signal, and also gary@GetCourageNow.org, or feel free to call me directly at 802 280 8880. And I cherish criticism.

Thanks for the info @garykrane ā€¦ I followed up to your DM with some details on how to find your way in the community.

Hi, Iā€™m in CHTā€™s current certification program and googleā€™s UX design course. my project can be found at www.ruva.app please add it to the lists where you have other humane tech projects

1 Like

Heyy beautiful community! :globe_with_meridians: My nameā€™s RÅ«ta. Currently living in Berlin!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing about yourself over the years! After almost four years, this thread does not feel as welcoming as it once was, so Iā€™ve created a new intro thread for 2022. Even if you previously introduced yourself, you may also check-in there to let us know what youā€™re up to now!