Introduce Yourself

I am Sarigama, a research student from India. I live in the intersections of cognitive science research, ethnography and technology. I am currently working on understanding “framing effect” and its influence on individual’s response (decision making) towards climate change.

An advocate for climate action, I am deeply interested in systems and technologies that actively re-imagine ways to engage with the more-than-human world that surrounds us in a gentler manner. I am an active participant of peoples’ movements and naturally, I love a good dose of politically charged conversation. Listening to Jaquinda Ardern or AOC’s in house sessions are my kind of jam!

I came across Time Well Spent movement and CHT close to three years ago and I loved the initiative, I have been following it ever since. Excited to be part of this platform, I see a great potential in this kind of spaces that bring like minded (and at the same time, diverse) people closer.

you can write to me at sarigama.yerra@research.iiit.ac.in or drop a text on linkedin and I would be happy to connect.

1 Like

I Bisca, I missed your anwser, sorry for that.
We are going in the coming weeks to release our product, POZZZ.
I hope it will be possible to share more info on HTC audience very soon. In the meantime, if you you want more info, you can check pozzz.com web site, it details design, features and launch price. Let’s stay in touch. Best, Alex

#introductions Great to be here
I am Roger Verhoeven from The Netherlands
Learn and write about Innovation/OpenSource/OpenAccess/DWeb/SocialMedia
and new uses of better Tech for the Society
Discover and use socialmedia like Mastodon/MeWe and more…
Read articles and research journals about new ways of Tech

My Blogs/SocialMedia

1 Like

Hello all :slight_smile:
My name is Melanya and I’ve come to you after a year of social media/smart phone detox.
I am a career Tool and Die Maker/CNC Machinist, so not tech related unless you count programming G and M codes…
My interest in joined is to meet others that feel as I do about building a more humane future for technology. I want to collaborate and help in any way that I can.
I noticed a sharp decline in my attention span, creativity and overall happiness soon after getting my first smartphone (2008) Since then, I feel as though I’ve lost countless hours of my life to my phone. I’m working on building a better, slower and more organic life for myself.
Nice to meet everyone here :slight_smile:

A great intent. Welcome to Humane Tech Community, Melanya :blush:

Hi there,

I’m Olivia currently in Singapore working as a digital designer. Netflix brought me here :slight_smile:
Have scrolled through many introductions and in many of them I saw pieces of my reflection in them, so nothing much here to write.
Glad to have found this community and be part of it!

1 Like

I would love to meet you. I love your spirit. I am reachable at Gary (a t ) GetcourageNow (d o t ) o rg, especially if you like this argument:
Extensive research on all the movements that have led to the most positive improvements in humanity for the past 125 years have proven that the most effective strategy for achieving these gains has been that of nonviolent civil resistance. This strategy requires large numbers (EricaChenoweth’s game changing research pegs it at 3.5% of the population, though if the army is not needed to defect, 2.5% will do) to have a sufficient level of moral courage to succeed. By moral courage I mean the willingness to for example go on strike, or risk arrest doing nonviolent direct action, commit to time consuming well populated week after week embarrassing vigils and business-stopping interventions that make a CEO’s or politician’s life miserable, etc etc. ERGO: Would not the highest best use of technology therefore be to be able scale moral courage–to be able to identify and bring to bear the most effective behavioral levers for courageous action? And to create this tech as soon as possible, before the forces of greed, racism, and ignorance harness this same tech?! Interested in at least joining a brainstorm session with others like yourself? Gary at GetCourageNow -org

Sorry to be thick, but i am having a hard time finding a way to first introduce myself. I fear it might be because i replied to several people’s posts before introducing myself in that introductions section, because whenever I would go to the introduction section, i would only see my replies to people, including you, which i deleted, but still could not intro myself. Also, I am curious if you also like connecting people you know might have strong synergy and whose projects you like a lot. I am at gary@GetCourageNow.org and the Project Coordinator and chief psychologist and fundraiser there

1 Like

An interesting project @garykrane. Are you developing an open-source campaigning platform as part of the movement?

Hello Lowell!

Our project coordinator, Gary Krane (also in the discussion group) and I would love to meet you. We love your spirit. I hope you will reach us at Gary (a t ) GetcourageNow (d o t ) o rg, especially if you like the following argument as to what might be the highest, best and now, with Mother nature and democracy nearly in hospice mode, most urgently needed use of technology:

1. Extensive research on most of the movements that have led to the most positive improvements in humanity for the past 125 years have proven that the most effective strategy for achieving these gains has been that of nonviolent civil resistance. Sure, voting (good cop) is also essential. But without the “bad cop,” nonviolent civil resistance, movements fail.
  2. This strategy requires large numbers (2.5-3.5% of the general population to have a sufficient level of moral courage to succeed. By “moral courage.” I mean the willingness to for example go on strike, risk arrest doing nonviolent direct action, commit to time consuming week after week vigils and business-stopping interventions that make a fossil fuel CEO’s or right wing politician’s life miserable, etc etc.
  3. ERGO: Would not the highest best use of technology therefore be to be able scale moral courage–to be able to identify and bring to bear the most effective behavioral levers for morally courageous nonviolent action?
  4. And is it not critical to create this tech as soon as possible, before the forces of greed, racism, and ignorance harness this same tech before us to deploy violent tactics?!
    Interested in at least joining a brainstorm session with others like yourself to figure how how tech could do this and how to find the right team? Gary at GetCourageNow -org

Hello Leigh-Chantelle!

I’m actually a vegan and animal rights activist of over 20 years as well! I hope you don’t mind this form text from our project coordinator, Gary Krane (also in the discussion group): We would love to meet you. We love your spirit. I hope you will reach us at Gary (a t ) GetcourageNow (d o t ) o rg, especially if you like the following argument as to what might be the highest, best and now, with Mother nature and democracy nearly in hospice mode, most urgently needed use of technology:

Hi Eli!
Our project coordinator, Gary Krane (also in the discussion group) and I would love to meet you. We love your spirit. I hope you will reach us at Gary (a t ) GetcourageNow (d o t ) o rg, especially if you like the following argument as to what might be the highest, best and now, with Mother nature and democracy nearly in hospice mode, most urgently needed use of technology:

@WScher thank you for trying to activate fine community members for a good cause. However, I have edited your last two points because of the amount of copied and pasted text. This is not the intention of the Introduce Yourself thread, which is already very long. The best way to go about this is by having a separate topic where in the first post you explain what Gary and you are doing, and in follow-up posts you add a link (copy from the ‘chain’ icon below the post) to member introductions + invitation text. When they are referenced this way the members will be notified if they have email notifications on.

Yes. Our one pager is at bit.ly/gcn-1p. However, I really want to hold back on pitching my solution, and instead find people who would like to join a brainstorm session on how tech could be used to solve what I and other organizers consider to be the mother of all organizing challenges–how to recruit and commit, as well as organize much larger numbers of volunteers to do the truly courageous actions that historically have necessary for real socio-eononomic-political systemic change, the actions that fall under the general strategy of nonviolent civil resistance. So I would welcome any advice you can provide as to whom to reach out to and how to reach out to them. In particular, I am seeking senior level programmers, a wordpress developer I could afford (very little savings now available), designers, other behavioral psychologists, social psychologists, experienced CD (civil disobedience) trainers, and of course potential funders or people who know funders. I am on telegram (more user friendly than signal), signal, and also gary@GetCourageNow.org, or feel free to call me directly at 802 280 8880. And I cherish criticism.

Thanks for the info @garykrane … I followed up to your DM with some details on how to find your way in the community.

Hi, I’m in CHT’s current certification program and google’s UX design course. my project can be found at www.ruva.app please add it to the lists where you have other humane tech projects

1 Like

Heyy beautiful community! :globe_with_meridians: My name’s Rūta. Currently living in Berlin!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing about yourself over the years! After almost four years, this thread does not feel as welcoming as it once was, so I’ve created a new intro thread for 2022. Even if you previously introduced yourself, you may also check-in there to let us know what you’re up to now!