Human Flourishing Design Guide: the science of well-being in the service of technology design

A great link you posted @Birdie. I forwarded to a good friend of mine. Thanks.

The concept of ‘Flourishing’ is getting more and more attention. Everyone gives their own twist to this idea. For innercircles - a side-project I am working on - we have adopted a tagline of “Creating Solutions For Human Flourishing”. So what does that mean, and how do we approach that?

First of all in innercircles we are mainly interested in practical solutions. That means:

1. Applied methodologies
  2. Supportive technologies

Obviously we need lots of help to materialize both of these. Improving methods and technology will be a continual process of innercircles. To shape this effort we’ll create a program or activity track, called: The Flourishment Initiative.

flourishment-initiative-logo

Objective: Make Flourishing actionable and readily applicable in practical solutions.

The initiative will involve three main activities:

1. Teaming up, partnering, forging collaborations

Create a multi-disciplinary group of open-minded creatives that do not shy away from radical new ideas.

2. Research and elaboration of the field

Evolve a holistic knowledge base that investigates all the angles and approaches to Flourishing.

3. Building a comprehensive framework

Design for applicability targeting both non-technical methodology as well as adoption in tech solutions.

I am looking at this together with @ibaldo. Anyone else interested to join can respond to this thread and briefly explain their interest and background related to the initiative.

2 Likes