How to Live Without Google and Other Evil Tech Giants

I recently wrote an article about staying away from big tech companies that practice surveillance capitalism.

Here is part 2 and I’m drafting further parts.
Feel free to give me any kind of feedback.

I guess there is a lot of congruence with @aschrijver’s “awesome list”.

3 Likes

Wow, this is a great, great writeup of some excellent tools, Paula! And it is written on privacytools.io which is an excellent site in itself. Thanks for writing this down. This is worthy stuff for the Humane Tech Community to learn from!

1 Like

@PaulaFairphone your article is also a “list of lists” as you have other lists section at the top. This can be added to Wikipedia’s “list of lists of lists” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A site like this I have always relied on for such alternatives is https://prism-break.org

from the homepage:

Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora. Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have a right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services.

1 Like

There is a very knowledgable article posted today in the Guardian by Ask Jack. If anyone wants to collaborate, there is an email Ask.Jack@theguardian.com.