Help Wanted: This community is leaderless! 😃

Dear Builders,

As you know we are now building The Pyramids of Humane Technology, and whereas in the old days that required powerful Faraohs to keep the project going - involving slavery and suffering and other bad things - nowadays we have modern technology, power tools to help us. Humane tools that are set to good work and work good.

So having those we don’t need leadership. I know there are great leaders in the world, but there is also grave danger in leadership as most would-be leaders actually fail. That wouldn’t be bad in itself, as failure is good - a learning experience and we all need to learn. However with leadership comes power to humans and that is hard to cope with for our species, as we all know. We don’t handle it so well. Power might devour you, make you too big. The good powers are really only those which exist in nature, in the spirit and the mind, and those that we bestow on technology of the humane kind. On our tools of the trade.

I am not saying that humans should be powerless, of course, not at all. In fact, we should become empowered, and to achieve that we should do less. We should become smaller.

Having come to that insight I will take it to heart immediately. Hereby I’ll demote myself to a smaller position.

I’ve called myself Community Lead before and you accepted that, but it is inappropriate for me. You see, I don’t really want to lead. Instead I just want to participate and cooperate with all of you and make some new friends, have some fun as we go along. Adopting this title onto myself was a bit of a vain act, and vanity is no small thing. And as I told you March 6: I intend to be smaller. Because Small is Huge.

This keeps things simple in life, and I value simple. I could KISS the philosopher who first preached that stance, if she or he were still alive :smile:

Of course we have much to do still, like diagramming the pyramid designs and organize ourselves a bit more. Requirements to reach our modest Vision. But we’ll do that organically, no leaders involved, as organics are in our DNA and it works like magic. In fact, it exists in all living organisms, it comes natural. So organics should be simple too. And funnily, even though DNA it is the most complex helix we know of, it is also really, really small. It is tiny even, and yet it works wonders. It just works, leaders unneeded. And without bossy types who order us around, there in this community there will be Huge fun to be had, I gather, and we will be having lots of it probably :partying_face:

So we go leaderless from now on.

To not be titleless myself - unlabeled - I have brainstormed a bit on a new title to carry. One that better fits my stature in life. A decent and honest title, which I can easily drop as I grow smaller in life. So here it is:

Arnold: Community Team, Board Member

The Humane Tech Community now has its own ‘board room’. Containing those people that are in ‘official’ position actively involved in the day-to-day tasks and chores that come with community building, and who elicit, elaborate and communicate exciting new strategies and community initiaves to you, fine builders and humane tech activists.

And you can be a board member too. It is part of the ‘fun and rewarding’ principle of this community. For now you can just state your interest to any member in the Community Team (indicated by the label next to the user name), but we are planning to formalize the selection procedure, when the community reorganization is complete.

To all of you: Have a nice work!

Join the Building !

17 Likes

The Last Word

There is always a last word, isn’t there, and my last word as Community Lead to you is this:

You are now Leaders :muscle: here in your own Right :balance_scale:

And that is a very precious gift :gift_heart: that at first I didn’t even realize I had Given to you :smiley:

Ha ha, so you see, one keeps learning and learning delightful new things! Wisdom comes easy and from unexpected places. I’ll go into my study and lock the door, so Please do not disturb me!. Need to check Wikipedia to look all of this up and ponder it mindfully… I come out when I need to, I promise you that.

4 Likes

Please Spread This Idea! Spread Out Further and Further…

2 Likes

You can use this message template to spread and adjust it as you wish to make it stronger. Reuse our hashtags:

“Small is Huge”. Our new credo we learned from our leader stepping down suddenly from his post at our Humane Tech Community. A good thing! Thanks to that we are now launching. Our #Community is taking flight. Fly with us and Spread out. Spread:

“The Philosophy of Smallness” #PhilosophyOfSmallness

** Please Spread Out This Idea! Spread Out Further And Further! **

It is about #SmallTech or in other words just #HumaneTechnology
Read it and weep, because we have a solution! Fly up and ever upwards… towards Awareness.

To the place where humans can flourish and humanity can thrive!
#HumanFlourishing #HumanityThriving

See thismessage where this insight was first published to John C. Havens. A friend.

https://twitter.com/humane_tech_now/status/1104691176060403712

Or just land with us directly:

https://community.humanetech.com/t/help-wanted-this-community-is-leaderless/3555/

Fly with us towards a new land. A land of beauty and grand works of mankind, such as Pyramids.

The Pyramids of Humane Technology
#HumaneTechPyramids

3 Likes

Fascinating! So this whole thing is getting decentralized? Perhaps can we think of it as “open leadership” versus “leaderless”?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. We work open, We lead open, We prepare carefully, from now on :wink:

1 Like

I like it Arnold, congratulations on your demotion. The title I sense is still large, not necessarily in stature, it has too many words and letters. I feel you are more like a ‘storyteller’, it describes you better and it’s also a small word. Less is more for sure. Have a think about it, it has to be your choice of course but less words are always best.
Success in your new role. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thanks!! I will gladly accept this small gift of feedback and find something else more fitting! I am shrinking, Michael, and you just nudged me a bit to get tinier still. I love :heart: this little game we play now :smiley:

1 Like

John C Havens is an awesome dude. And I don’t just mean his harmonica-playing. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for this post.

If the organization is serious about nurturing community and enmeshing that community with the organization’s larger campaigns, outreach, and strategies, then CHT/TWS needs to hire a community leader.

Folks in tech make serious bank. Many of them are concerned about the tech they/we have unleashed on society. Let their donations fund something solid: a Community Director position.

4 Likes