Google Intentionally Stole from Publishers via Secret Project "Jedi"

Google Intentionally Stole Money from Publishers via Multiple Counts of Ad Fraud

Shocking, I found an article on Hacker News (I changed the title to better reflect the contents of the article) showing that Google has been illegally stealing from publishers by intentionally conspiring to commit ad fraud. They did this in multiple ways that seem illegal, including by colluding with Facebook. Google’s projects called “Jedi” and “Jedi Blue” are both secret criminal operations created to steal billions from publishers via ad fraud and illegal collusion.

1 Like

Trying to get my head around this. What is the function of ‘header bidding’? ie who is using it and what is the benefit of it to them? If I’m reading this right - based on the tweets of the court docs the ad algorithms involve some kind of auction or share market thing from publishers? Wow… ina, so behind the times if it’s that much of a behemoth. Far out that’s a ridiculously overpowered entity of not actually useful energy stuff. Ad manipulation may work but it is kinda like cheating at monopoly… all the ‘big winners’ accept it as part of the game and enjoy the battleground. People like me think ‘that’s exhausting for such a hollow victory.

1 Like