EU GDPR "the right to be forgotten" has broadened its scope

This is good news for people who love their privacy. EU GDPR is considered the gold standard for privacy regulation. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/technology/right-to-be-forgotten-law-europe.html

1 Like

Looks like out filter bubbles are similar:

Seems like Euros get this Americans not so much…

Hi @richard1 (and @Broodwich too): While your contributions to this forum are greatly appreciated, please take care to not copy/paste entire article texts as these (in most cases) constitute copyright infringements. Best is to include 1 or 2 small quotes from the article and - even better - some explainer text in your own words.

1 Like

Thsnks for the reminder @aschrijver. My objective really for copying and pasting the whole article (only for NYT) to give others who are not subscribers of NYT to have a look of the whole news/opinion. I made my own impresssion of a particular article by quoting something from the article with additional comment of my own if needed too.

1 Like

I would just change it to its original post.

lol does anyone who can sue actually do this? Can anyone show me a dcma or any cease and desist? I do this on about 20 other forums and literaly no one has ever noticed the copyright exists. Also many of these articles do not load unless oyu subscribe. I will do what you say but Aaron Swartz rolling in hhis grave, this is not the right way to go about this imo but not my site, I won’t paste entire article hopefully clicking through it can be read.

I dare someone to post proof that they have faced any litigation or even letter from a lawyer over this non issue.

1 Like