Creating synergy on this forum and between community and CHT organization

Some excellent points you make here, @ALFREDO:

You are right in stating this. I can only say that we are in the ongoing process of improving / reorganizing this forum - work that proves to be quite time-consuming, especially with people involved having busy agenda’s already. Currently I can spend less time on the forum than before, but @Mamie is doing great work behind the scenes, I can assure you!

Regarding synergy… I am of the opinion that real synergy needs additional tools. I see the forum as a raw collection of information and a place to discuss it, but it is inadequate for real cooperation / collaboration and subsequent elaboration. We’ll be looking into best ways to follow-up on intiatives arising here on a case-by-case basis.

In addition to what you say, I think we should also bring the collaboration / interaction between the community and the CHT organization into the discussion. From the core CHT team I have heard their intention and desire is, to be much more involved. But until now that has not really materialized.

Some time ago we had the announcement of a job posting regarding the Ledger of Harms… which sounds like a truly great idea. But other than the short description in the posting we have no idea what this really entails, now way to really follow-up on it. We are not in the loop. Also Tristan Harris is posting frequently to Twitter (https://twitter.com/tristanharris) about his activities for the CHT. Why just Twitter? Why is this not shared in this forum? Such cross-posting takes just a minute…

I think the lack of involvement that exists now, is a real hindrance to the success and growth of this community. I am under the impression (maybe wrongly) that most community members would like to see a community that is led by initiatives coming from the CHT organization, rather than this forum being a more or less separate entity - a grassroots self-organizing place for discussion. Discussion is fine, but you can do that in so many places on the internet already. People want to act, to contribute to things that lead to lasting change. We want to help realize humane technology, help bring it about, make it a reality.

2 Likes