Co-Designing an ecosystem using the blockchain for the social good at urban level

Dear All,

my name is Vincenzo Giorgino and I am a sociologist working in the fields of a) well being and b) collaborative commons at urban level.
I wonder if there are some programmers and software designers interested to think about a possible platform inspired by secular contemplative knowledge.
For those interested I suggest to get a look of these two books I co-edited:
V. Giorgino and V. Bentz (eds. ) 2016 Contemplative Social Research: Caring for Self, Being, and Lifeworld, Santa Barbara, Fielding University Press.
V. Giorgino and Z. Walsh (eds.) 2018 _Co-Designing Economies in Transition. Radical Approaches in Dialogue with Contemplative Social Sciences, London, Palgrave MacMillan.
I see that already exists a group discussion on the Holochain by the MetaCurrrency group that I appreciate very much, but this group should be open to any kind of platforms and ecosystems socially oriented.

Kind regards,
Vincenzo

3 Likes

Hi @vgiorgin,

While I am not familiar with the term (is it: Contemplative neuroscience - Wikipedia ?) I am working on a similar idea which should have mindfulness + tech engrained in its DNA and which applies Engaged Theory, and has a social media component called fullcircle which is about doing social good at the urban level.

Being in early stages I can’t divulge too many details yet, but what you propose sounds interesting to a techie like me :slight_smile:
If you are interested, then pls reach out to me (are you on linkedin?)

(btw, also as a techie I am not that interested in blockchain as of yet (having investigated it for a while as part of a decentralized software selection process). I’ll wait until the hype around this technology subsides)

I forgot to say that I sent you a message on LinkedIN but I am not a
frequent user of it, so I would prefer the email system. My official
address is vincenzo.giorgino@unito.it

1 Like

I wish to add one thing. Yes, in my view mindfulness is part of the contemplative stuff. I add that I appreciate dn use grounded theory as well.
Best,
Enzo

Dear Viencenzo,

Have you contacted anyone involved in the DCENT project https://dcentproject.eu/ ?

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes I know some of them sich as Jaromil, Francesca Bria amd others. I appreciated the work the did - Dcent is finished, similar to it ate Fecode and PIE -but my proposal has different basis.

Best,

Enzo
Vincenzo Giorgino
Dept. of Economic and Social Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics

Co-Designing Economies in Transition
https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319665917

~Thanks enzo, I’m keen to know more about this area of research as I work in a multidisciplinary group looking at how to make cities liveable. I’m based in engineering, but have a significant social science basis. I’ll contact you via your email

Jon

Fine. You are wellcome.
Best,

Enzo

Vincenzo Giorgino
Dept. of Economic and Social Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics

Co-Designing Economies in Transition
https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319665917