Building a movement

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I’m excited to meet you all :slight_smile:

First and foremost - If you have not yet read Anand Giridharadas’s book “Winners Take All”, please do! It’s a great read that connects tech, banking, and consulting with political history to present a really clear & compelling statement about how and why inequality is flourishing and governments are destabilizing, even in the midst of economic growth.

After reading the book, I felt moved to take some sort of action and came up with the idea for a movement to change public opinion around management consulting firms specifically (McKinsey, Deloitte, etc.) and their relationship to this ecosystem of inequality, which is at least partially powered and enabled by tech.

If you’re interested in building this movement with me and some other folks, including some folks who worked on the Green New Deal initiative, please send me a message!

Happy New Year to all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello!

I’d love to be involved! Me and my husband just finished reading “Winners take all” as well. We’ve also read Beyond Outrage. Both of this combined, we are really looking to get involved in a meaningful movement!

We are both based in San Francisco, Let us know how we can get in touch to chat more about the same. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Keep me posted as well!

Hello,

I’m not sure I can help you directly but I am interested in your approach to a movement to of change. If you have time I’d really like to hear from you.

Count me in. I have lots of ideas around movement growing. And - obviously - we all have overlapping values. That’s why we’re all here :slight_smile:

I haven’t read Anand’s book, but I loved this article