What Personal Data do companies like Facebook and Google know about us?

98 Personal Data Points that Facebook Uses to Target Ads to You. These are the data they collected from you from online and offlines sources, aggregate it, analyze it and created a profile of you for targetted ads. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/08/19/98-personal-data-points-that-facebook-uses-to-target-ads-to-you/

That article is obsolete and right around that time facebook and twitter were getting scrutiny about it by usa watchdog groups ngos and government so the answer was to move the main datacenters to ireland where USA law didn’t apply hahahahha!

I can’t believe folks still have accounts and log in, I only had an account to send messages to people that I don’t talk to anymore.

Best way I heard it described was someone was saying about how google started with just a search engine and could have been considered a search engine company at that time. Now they are a tracking company it’s their bread and butter and all big t ech facebook the isp’s apple samasung I mean who isn’t tracking you and making bank selling ad data back and forth?

Even the FCC was caught by their own internal investigator a year ago hoarding location data and selling it in mass and realtime to thrid parties who are not beholden to the constitution and selling it to bounty hunters and whoever else.

Snowden said that we need a better internet and the old system of everything having huge piles of metadata these tycoons are gorging on doesn’t need to be, we can send the same info with unique cryptographic hash that is representative of whatever ID or voter info or health data and only the user and entity they are using can see the content or any identifiable information.

It’s kind of an open secret in computer science much I sure like any alternative to gasoline and oil. The one’s making the most money off of it have invested much into suppressing other views on the subject.

Churchill said something about it I forget the context but it was a report I guess critical of him or his government maybe what they did in India or the east and he said of the report in a newspaper, “The report by virtue of it’s length ensures that no one will read it.” And he was right and either got to power from there or stayed when under scrutiny.

It’s very hard to ask those with the keys to a well that pumps out billions each second to turn it off. Think of it another way: Look at amazon. Their main revenue is AWS so many sites use it globally but much of that commutation is analytics for big tech driving these ads.

Using the gas analogy once more if there is an alternative, would be nice to use our same engines and gas lines to the station and not have to change all of our infrastructure. Bucking the status quo requires much thought so that it can be replaced with something better and not worse.

But humans can do this we can’t let basically 5 dudes run the world we can do better. (looks at Bill Gates smh)