This community needs more involvement from its founders!

Oh yes, you are spot on @vgiorgin, and I do see this as a challenge. Its the reason that yesterday I created this topic to find out the willingness of members to take things further: Which Humane Tech topics would you like to spend your time on? :slight_smile:

Dear Founders

I propose these 10 principles like roots to go on strongly , with goals and strategies

The principles

1- Deep understand of social relationship issues
2- Focused comprehension on vulnerable behavior (*)
3- No predicting behavior and social control
4- No invasive nets to private life
5- Design with human health high standards
6- To be functional and healthy to work teams in organizations (**)
7- Business model: profit, human develop and tech-social security.
8- Open mind to a cultural awakening.
9- Open attitude to be re-designed according to healthy social trends
10-Regulated by policies that represents people interests

Next steps suggested

I think that may be necesary : a) fix annual goals, b) define strategies c) create an opening planning of activities d) share experiences and learn how to design the best environment in everywhere.

There are a lot of great ideas published here in different topics, from unplugged days…… to smart tech design……

Sure that your purpose is great.

1 Like

Hi everyone, Tristan Harris here.

We’re really sorry that we’ve not been participating actively in these forums.

The reason we haven’t participated more in the CHT Community Discourse forum is that we’ve been heads down on taking strategic action while building our capacity – recruiting, staffing, fundraising for the projects we believe will transform the dangerous incentives of today’s digital platforms. We’re a tiny group of people working immensely hard, day in and day out – and we view the risk that digital platforms pose to the cohesion of society as urgent – requiring immediate change.

Meanwhile, as I’m sure everyone is aware, this topic has burst onto the global stage. We are on a nearly exponential curve of increasing global attention since we launched CHT in February. With the Cambridge Analytica whistleblowers, and Facebook’s breach that exposed the private information of 87 million, if not 2 billion profiles, there has never been more momentum to highlight the problem, and never been more demands on our attention. We receive 50+ major media inquiries per week from all around the world. Political leaders are seeking our advice.

With only a handful of full-time staff, and given the urgency of unfolding events, we try to be extraordinarily focused on where can have the most impact. Soon, with more staff and funding, we can’t wait to engage all of us here - on Team Humanity - on our work.

The revolution is already underway, and more than ever it needs wise guidance on what a more “humane” way to build technology looks like - from business model, to design practices, to organizational culture. And in the spirit of a more “humane” way of communicating – I would like to share that I’ve had a serious personal family health emergency that’s occupied the last 5 weeks of my time. So we ask politely for your patience. We’re doing the best we can.

In the meantime, we built this community forum for you to collaborate and keep communicating while we’re tied up. We will have many exciting developments to share with you very soon!

The best thing we can do in the short-term is keep up the public pressure on these issues. We learned in the Congressional hearings with Facebook, Google and Twitter last November that that public attention was a major lever in creating significant new commitments to change their policies.

Thank you so much for all your energy and support and for being part of this movement.

12 Likes

Thank you so much Tristan!

I understand the true scope of the problem statement now, as well as its urgency. This community is here to help, and we will continue to raise awareness and attract more people to the cause!

PS I am very sorry to hear about your personal situation, and hope and pray that it will improve soon!

I’ve been thinking this way the last day or 2. I’m okay not going on Facebook, but signing it off all together without a way to be in touch with all those people? It’s kind of like an address book… On another note- if there was only a way to connect without being outed on social media. In real life at least one can walk away and join others- social media has a pervasive way of outing people.

@ healthyswimmer That is why we need a better social media alternative or genuine competitors. A monopoly like facebook would not change meaningfully. Facebook is like the Stardard oil monopoly of early 20th century. Remember what happened when it was broken and competitors were in place and its consequences. Society as a whole was the beneficiary.Today this is a global issue because of the global reach of social media and its consequence.

Hi Tristan, Alfredo here

Thank you very much for your words

First of all I`ll pray for your health family situation and hope improve soon.

I am so interested in this movement and I agree this is a highlight opportunity. The world focused attention on what is going to happen from now and on.

I feel that from now the revolution is not going to stop, focused attention was increasing last weeks in an exponential way.

Like you said, we are here to give support and shout to the world that there is another way to design and use technology, a healthy one.

There is a new awakening

Thank you for lead this great movement

I have copied Tristan’s message to a separate topic: Attention: Announcement and welcome message by Tristan Harris, co-founder of CHT!

With that said, I will now close this thread.

One more thing: Please everyone read the topic titles before posting, so discussions stay ON-TOPIC! Otherwise we’ll need to be more strict in moderating. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like