Introduce Yourself

Hi all, I’m George—delighted this community exists. :smile:

The bio I just added to my profile does a pretty good job introducing me, I think. It reads:

Whoever you are, reading this, George loves you and is glad you’re here. George sees how easy it is for people to talk past each other (often without even recognizing it) as one of the most pressing issues currently facing humanity. Improving the media we use to communicate—online social networks, email, etc., and even books, in-person conversation, and so on—is one of the key levers George thinks we can use to address this issue. George also thinks children make particularly good theorists, and have a key role in helping us craft a better medium.

To support this work, George created Intentions for Mac, an app that asks what you intend to do when you open your Mac, then checks in randomly to see if you’re doing what you meant: https://intentionsapp.com

More concretely, I’m a recent graduate of Swarthmore College, with a special major in Cognitive Science and Educational Studies. My senior thesis was titled “A Medium for Collaborative Thought”.

There’s much more I could say, and I’ll leave it at that for now as I sense into how I want to orient towards this space and how it makes sense for me to engage here. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes