Does using alternative web browsers and search engines make a difference?

I like using Startpage as well. Moving from Chrome to Firefox was a big thing in my house. My family thought I was being a bit paranoid. I also ended up deleting all the social media on my phone and using opera touch to use them through private web browsers. In total, it was not as difficult as I thought it would be. It just took a but of research and help from people here! I sat down one day after swim practice and took two hours to convert my digital life, really. On the other hand, most of my school work is done through Google Chrome and Google Classroom. My school computer is also very blocked (you can see all of that discussion here: School Does Not Allow Alternate Web Browsers I never really liked doing things through the computer because I am a very tactile learner to begin with, so I found ways around it (link to that post:How to Avoid Digital Homework Assignments). I downloaded HTTPS everywhere and Privacy Badger to keep me safe on my Chromebook, and adjusted a bunch of the settings. It was a process, but now I feel a lot better about my digital privacy. I also started using Only Office for my documents. If you want, I can write an entire post about the transition ect. that goes into greater detail. I threads that I linked really helped me!

1 Like