Critical Discussion of Tristan Harris' Event

I might add the problems we face to make our existence more humane with inevitable technology use is too big for any one company.

Technology infiltrates every part of our being. How do you solve this? By jumping in- and that’s what CHT is doing.

It’s too easy to critically analyze people/companies.

SF Bay Area is a very cut throat startup culture that is all or nothing- I’m affected by this everyday personally. So I see the inside, that CHT is actually stepping out on a limb, it’s not popular to do good in the face of SF Bay Area greed culture.

4 Likes

It’s absolutely true that the only way to have hope of navigating a complex system is to probe-sense-respond to it: ultimately identifying the beneficial coherence within attractors of the system and trying to emphasize them – while simultaneously easing back on the undesired ones. It’s bigger than any collection of companies, social groups, etc. Safe-to-fail probes, as they say.

And yes, as a 29-year resident of San Francisco until last year, I know exactly what you mean. That also has to do with the economics of the environment: you either have to blow up on the launchpad or rocket into the stratosphere immediately, as there is little time with your burn rates to play around and figure things out.

2 Likes