The bigger problem with privacy very few people talk about

I’ve been reading this forum for a while but I’ve never introduced myself… I’m Borja Moya from Spain (currently living in Madrid) and for the last few months I’ve been digging deep into the existential problem we face as a society–a problem we could solve with better privacy.

I lived in China for a while, and once thing you notice when you live there is that, they are way ahead when it comes to technology adaptation. In fact, western companies have been copying Chinese tech giants for a really long time (Wechat, Alibaba, JD, you go down the list.) But I’ve also noticed that these western tech giants also copy their processes and privacy practices (the way they collect data, analyze it and share it), not just the end product.

It took me a while until I connected the dots, but I believe we’re about to face one of the biggest crisis as a society. If you pay close attention we’re in the middle of one, the attention crisis (everybody here is aware of that). However, what very few people are talking about is what’s coming: the trillion dollar job market take over and the fact that liberal democracy is doomed.

I’ve put an article on medium with all these dots connected, and I hope you take the time to read it. My intention with this post is not to gain followers or anything like that. I would love to open a debate around this problem and find ways to take over control of our future.

Please, let me know what you think.

https://medium.com/@borjamoya/the-future-of-humanity-has-a-chance-today-maybe-not-tomorrow-ef4832b31a0c

1 Like

This is an interesting thesis. I notice you use the phrase liberal democracy rather than democracy or capitalism.

I assume you are thinking that the West as a group of democratic nations will cease to exist once our debt becomes so great that China becomes our bank and therefore our master. Is that right?

Please explain more.