Privacy inequality, is it the worst form of inequality we've seen?

For the last few weeks I’ve been thinking about how our current privacy standards can lead to an extreme form of inequality.

At some point, I believe this situation will create two casts of people: people who can afford to pay for privacy, and the ones who can’t (and live in a Matrix style algorithm).

I wrote an article about this, but this topic is quite complicated, so I’d love to hear your thoughts. And if you think I’m missing something, or getting it wrong, I’d love to hear that too.

I don’t pretend to spam you, I just want to know your thoughts on this, and start a conversation around it.

Here’s the article on medium: https://medium.com/privateid-blog/privacy-inequality-the-most-brutal-form-of-inequality-youve-ever-imagined-e674d4f3cd42

Thanks!

The Matrix still has you Borja…

I’m a freelance technology journalist with wireless industry and application development experience plus I’m a privacy advocate. I’m an industry insider coming forward with information that the public needs to know in regards to predatory surveillance and data mining business practices rooted in Surveillance Capitalism.

Now that you know a little bit about my background, I will tell you from my experience where you are on point and off point assuming that you want to take the red pill and learn the painful truth in regards to the loss of civil liberties, privacy, cyber security and safety associated with connected products such as smartphones.

I will keep this brief by centering on major civil liberty, privacy, cyber security and safety threats posed by connected products supported by the android OS, Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows OS plus highlight why these threats are relevant to the article that you wrote which I believe the people on this site should read carefully.

The foundation of the Silicon Valley Matrix starts with the OS developers (Google, Apple & Microsoft) who control the content that is preinstalled on all connected products supported by the android OS, Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows OS.

Understanding Google, Apple and Microsoft’s dominance of the OS market is key to understanding why you felt compelled to write the article that you posted on this site.

Like Neo, you feel something is wrong but you can’t quite put your finger on it. Your article brings out points that are nearly on target in regards to where we are at today which is we are living in an Orwellian society not even George Orwell could have imagined.

Like Morpheus, I will expose the Silicon Valley Matrix and the hold it has on everyone who uses connected technology supported by the android OS, Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows OS. I’ve written numerous reports and articles on this subject matter that you can locate on my website My Smart Privacy.

1%20Reports%20Analysis

What you feel is “cyber-enslavement” in that connected product users are actually “Uncompensated Information Producers” who are being exploited for financial gain at the expense of the product user’s civil liberties, privacy, cyber security and safety by the very tech companies that the product user patronizes with their loyalty, trust and hard earned money.

The loss of privacy is bad enough but to be exploited for financial gain at the expense of civil liberties, privacy, cyber security and safety is worse.

Edward Snowden warned us about Big Brother- Government Surveillance

I’m here to warn you about Step Big Brother- Corporate Surveillance in the form of Surveillance Capitalism

Now that you’ve taken the red pill, your article was very informative and you are so on point with some current issues such as:

• Privacy inequality in general
  • Your data is your property
  • The value of data Increases
  • Dehumanizing people
  • Protected & predictable
  • Misuse of personal data
  • Child privacy threats
  • The chasm between the rich and the poor is information pertaining to one’s person

You listed other great points as well but for the sake of time we shall move on.

Personal and professional information is known as a person’s Digital DNA which is the commodity that is collected, used, shared, sold, purchased and aggregated for financial gain by companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and other tech giants.

Yes you are correct, Digital DNA is the new oil and it defines the entire individual both personally and professionally. By the most part people only equate data mining within the prism of personal information which is a big mistake. In todays’ world people are giving up their professional (employment) data as well due to the fact that people use connected products such as smartphones for professional purposes in addition to personal use.

Now that we have established this fact lets move forward and I will only address a few key points associated with your article plus point you to an article that I wrote called Surveillance Capitalism- The Need For An Electronic Bill of Rights that will fully unplug you from the Silicon Valley Matrix.

Privacy Inequality and Cyber-enslavement are two key issues that need to be addressed but the other issue that needs to be addressed is much larger which is “Digital Discrimination” via a person’s Digital DNA.

It is not only privacy inequality and cyber-enslavement that we have to worry about, but it is Digital Discrimination based on a person’s Digital DNA which includes information about a person such as personal info, family history, medical history, legal history, financial history, political affiliation and professional history which all can be identified by the use of connected products such as smartphones and tablet PCs.

Telecommunications and mobile computing are the key to understanding a person’s personal and professional Digital DNA. The use of a connected product such as a smartphone will generate a person’s personal and professional Digital DNA which is the most valuable commodity in the world which is why companies such as Google and Apple are worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

When a person’s personal and professional Digital DNA is aggregated, a digital profile can be made on an individual which can be exploited to discriminate against that individual based on the individual’s Digital DNA.

Within the terms of use that support products such as smartphones, the legalese enables the product developers (e.g. Google, Apple, etc.) to create a digital profile on the product user, however, tech giants will say that the digital profile does not identify the product user which is not true when you consider that the apps you use can identify the product user.

Trust me, you can be identified by the apps that you use in conjunction with connected products such as your smartphone, don’t take my word for this claim, read Google’s preinstalled android smartphone application legalese yourself:

Senior executives like Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) are lying when they say that big tech companies do not identify product users when they share your data. Again, don’t take my word for it, read the preinstalled ("rooted) application legalese that supports your smartphone to find out more.

However, you like most people may have never heard of preinstalled application legalese such as preinstalled application permission statements, application product warnings or interactive application permission command strings that support connected products such as smartphones and tablet PCs because most people have never read the terms of use that support their connected products.

I have read the terms of use, so if you have not heard of preinstalled application legalese, you can access this information on my website My Smart Privacy (see enclosed link below) to learn more in order to arm yourself with important information in regards to the published (online) and unpublished (hidden in device) terms of use that support connected products such as smartphones.

Back to the topic at hand, you are close in regards to the misuse of a person’s Digital DNA.

Now that you know you can be identified by the apps that you use, Digital DNA in the hands of data brokers, employers, bank and insurance underwriters, state actors (foreign/domestic), business competitors, law enforcement and institutions of higher learning can be used to discriminate against a person based on their digital profile.

For example, a person fighting cancer who is a patient at MD Anderson is vulnerable to having their medical history exposed when they use their smartphone to communicate between themselves and their healthcare providers such as MD Anderson.

By way of the preinstalled (“rooted”) apps that support a smartphone, a person’s medical information can be data mined from the smartphone by companies such as Google, Apple plus others tech giants who then can use the information in whatever manner all parties concerned wish such as selling it to a data broker who then can sell the info to employers and/or banks & insurance companies who can use the info to discriminate against future applicants and/or the info can be used to price insurance policies based on applicants health.

In the wrong hands, numerous entities including state actors can exploit a person’s Digital DNA for financial gain at the expense of the person’s civil liberties, privacy, cyber security and safety whether that person is an adult, child or business professional.

To learn more read my article “Surveillance Capitalism- The Need For An Electronic Bill of Rights” on my website My Smart Privacy at: http://www.mysmartprivacy.com/articles.html

Now that you are unplugged from the Silicon Valley Matrix, go to my website My Smart Privacy to learn how to take action by filing formal complaints with your service providers, law makers and agencies such as the FCC, FTC and state AGs plus read the complaint letters that I’ve filed with all parties concerned to understand the key issues we all face: http://www.mysmartprivacy.com/take-action.html

Contact me if you would like to learn more. Regards Rex/PS: sorry for any typos I missed plus run on sentences as I’m pressed for time.

1 Like