Looking for Frontend Developer and/or Designer

I appreciate your involvement with the community, Michael. I gather then that you are refering to GetMotivatedBuddies. New site looks even better than before, when I gave you positive feedback, as well as some constructive remarks.

Since that time, when I was only a member too, I have become facilitator of HTC, and have to be a bit stricter wrt moderating this forum :slight_smile:

GetMotivatedBuddies is, AFAICS, a service that is not directly addressing a humane tech topic (other than maybe having people meet other people). Instead you aim to be an exemplar of humane technology, i.e. proper rules, guidelines, best-practices for your product design. I applaud that greatly, and if you get there, you could present yourself in the Humane Design > Exemplars category, and eventually also on the community website we are creating (blog posts, presentation page, etc.).

But you are not there yet, and that may also be the reason you like to find a community member for the job.

Some feedback:

• From the website I still cannot deduce your revenue model. You say signup is free, but you are a for-profit entity.
  • You have a global audience, but the site is not GDPR-compliant I think (like e.g. missing Privacy Policy). Could be much more transparent in general.
  • Your FAQ states about sharing to advertisers: “No. We are part of the HumaneTech movement, committed to an ethical use of technology. Your information is private.”
    • This is misleading. There is not really such movement, that you can use as a ‘certification label’

In your job posting you could therefore state the following:

• Your intent to become an exemplar of HT, and what that still entails
  • How the applicant can contribute to HT and what skills are required for that.
2 Likes